Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2011 xc lately when i go thru the gear's and hit 6th gear sometime's it feels like it's want's to hasatate like's it's slipping if i let off the throttle then it run's fine,it all so does it in 5th sometimes any suggestion's?It doesn't do it all the time.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have a 2011 xc and at 3200 miles I had to have a new clutch installed. I now have 10700 miles and the bike is going in the shop next week because when I downshift into the lower 3 gears if I don't raise the RPM before letting the clutch out, it grinds fairly loud. If I find the cause, I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
13,165 Posts
How many miles on the bike? Is it surging or slipping? Do you hear the motor wind up but the bike doesn't go any faster?

If it's surging it's starving for gas. It happens on mine once in a blue moon when I really get on it. A quick off the gas, pull clutch, on the gas, and release clutch fixes it. I think the ECM isn't able to keep up with it sometimes for whatever reason.

Do you have your O2 sensors disconnected? If not you might want to give it a try. The the connectors are about 6" back from the sensor on the pipes. This will give you more fuel across the board and make it run better.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Have a 2011 xc lately when i go thru the gear's and hit 6th gear sometime's it feels like it's want's to hasatate like's it's slipping if i let off the throttle then it run's fine,it all so does it in 5th sometimes any suggestion's?It doesn't do it all the time.
It's obvious that you are just a trouble maker... Polaris/Victory do not have problems that are not "normal" for that model. Just ride it and enjoy, or trade it for a bike that runs for you... LMAO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has 7400 mi. on it i'll look and see if the o2 senors are connected thank's for the suggestion,I love this bike!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply, let me know when you find out,I got 7400 mi.on mine xc i love this bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts