Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 xc. About 19k miles. Just started having issues with the transmission. While riding I. Any gear, if I try to accelerate it acts like I dropped it into a lower gear. Even the rpms jump up. I have notice a loss of power as well. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Any chance the clutch is slipping? Do you have some freeplay in the clutch lever? A lack of freeplay could easily cause a slipping clutch and the problems you describe.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Have a 2014 xc. About 19k miles. Just started having issues with the transmission. While riding I. Any gear, if I try to accelerate it acts like I dropped it into a lower gear. Even the rpms jump up. I have notice a loss of power as well. Any suggestions?
I agree with Vinish...seems like a clutch issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does not seem to be any play in the clutch, matter of fact it engages almost as soon as I touch it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wait that's what you meant by a lack of free play. So I need to listen the clutch cable a little!?

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Oh wait that's what you meant by a lack of free play. So I need to listen the clutch cable a little!?
You need to read your manual. Motorcycles need more attention that filling the gas tank--a lot more attention.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track. Loosen the clutch cable to give you a small amount of freeplay and see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You need to read your manual. Motorcycles need more attention that filling the gas tank--a lot more attention.
That's the mistake we make with mechanic answers. We assume the people complaining know which end of the screw driver to use. I'm still shaking my head about the people who never check their shock or Tires for the proper amount of air and complain so loudly how bad the bike handles or they got short mileage on a perfectly fine tire that now has the steel belts showing through. . .

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Even if you are klutz with tools, manuals for anything should be read, be it cameras, phones, toasters, and vehicles - especially vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts