Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2011 Jackpot. Great bike. When hot, there is a clicking noise that seeme to come from the transmission when idle in neutral.
Dos anyone know if this is normal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks
noise really doesn't go away until 1 st gear is engaged with the clutch in.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Forums.

Since you didn't intro yourself I didn't post my typical welcome BUT USE the SEARCH feature and you will find the answer to most of your questions like this one.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to find the answers.cheersthumb up

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've also got a 2011 jackpot and the transmission is MUCH noisier/clunkier than my previous bike, a 2006 Honda VTX 1300C.
no way really? ever ride a old harley? have a 2007 vegas jackpot and a harley! welcome to the world of solid built tranny we all love that sound we refer to as CLUNK!! Very positive shift you know you are in the next gear!! enjoy it!! cheers Glen

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,770 Posts
10 year old thread.

Now we know that a noise in neutral can be that dang clip out of position. Self destruct mode active. Makes ya wonder if that is what the OP was having... :unsure:

These bikes are noisy like my old VTX. I'm used to it. A quiet bike would scare me. Haha

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
10 year old thread.

Now we know that a noise in neutral can be that dang clip out of position. Self destruct mode active. Makes ya wonder if that is what the OP was having... :unsure:

These bikes are noisy like my old VTX. I'm used to it. A quiet bike would scare me. Haha
had the same thoughts myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts