Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of moving the floor boards to the forward position on the Cross Roads. I have read the shifter rod for the tranny is not long enough. Since I am not sure I want to keep it there and don't want to make it permanate, where can I pick up a cheap rod? Is there a vendor out there? :confused: (A better question may be why did not Ma Vic engineer it with threads long enough to work with OEM?)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
oh come on now. they are engineers, no one is smarter!!

oh, if you just want to try it, unbolt the shifter from the motor, rotate it to reach and try it. you may have to adjust the rod some too. i had a SS rod made for mine to move my boards forward, just like stock only longer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
I am thinking of moving the floor boards to the forward position on the Cross Roads. I have read the shifter rod for the tranny is not long enough. Since I am not sure I want to keep it there and don't want to make it permanate, where can I pick up a cheap rod? Is there a vendor out there? :confused: (A better question may be why did not Ma Vic engineer it with threads long enough to work with OEM?)
I moved the connector forward a notch on the input? shaft connection when moving the boards forward. Was not real happy with the feel...ended up purchasing a longer SS rod from DTMMIL, a forum member here who makes them. Got everything lined up just right...no more squirrely shift feel. Works great!

link to thread...
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=30970&highlight=SS+rod

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
should be 1/4" fine thread, be easier just to rotate the arm one or two clicks though

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts