1,751 Posts
Oops..messed up. ..hope this one works!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Oops..messed up. ..hope this one works!

Nice! And those backrests would make for even more comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Nice! And those backrests would make for even more comfort.
I did not sit on them, but if they are anything like the Ultimate for Vic, it will be comfortable!

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
I did not sit on them, but if they are anything like the Ultimate for Vic, it will be comfortable!

Yeah the stock seat on the Spyder does get a tad uncomfortable after a few hundred miles, particularly if riding hard,
The Spyder requires a fair bit of 'body english' to counteract the G-forces generated when cornering hard.
Stock seat has like a peak running axially down the centre to I think assist in ones backside gripping the seat.
Getting my weight to the inside of the corner and down low is essential when flying through the twisties fast.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Hey guys , sorry I was not able to report last night , BUT my baby is home . Im riding to work today , I started it last night and put it in the garage but that was it , full report when I get to work today . Side notes : Bike was spotless , nothing seems scratched and all seems in great order . Clutch lever had a tad more play then I like so I remedied that .

This is what I saw when I got home , so happy !
View attachment 195457

View attachment 195465

View attachment 195473
Congratulations on the successful repair of your motorcycle; unfortunately I haven't had such luck. My motorcycle, a 2008 Jackpot with 22,000 miles, went up on me at 2 o'clock in the morning on my way to work. Naturally, this was at the darkest part of the highway. First, it shifted into neutral by itself while taking a right turn onto the entrance ramp. It went back into gear and I traveled a mile. I heard a boom, I got it down to under 30 miles an hour from 55 and the transmission locked the back tire. The motor will run in neutral but I can't shift it at all and it won't move in gear. It will be a long time before it is back on the road. I figured $2000.00 to split the case and about another $2,000.00 to repair. How close am I?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Your probably not far off , I was lucky and still under warranty thank goodness . I had already begun planning the repair myself when I found I was covered .

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Your probably not far off , I was lucky and still under warranty thank goodness . I had already begun planning the repair myself when I found I was covered .
Thanks, ride for me this season, I not ready for or looking forward to this season, but I'm happy for those riding. Be safe... :|

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
If you can pull the engine yourself and send it to Rylan Vos you can not only save some money but you can be sure it will be done right.
Thanks for the info... Who is he? I'm sorry I not familiar with him and where is he?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Heck look for a used motor. You can find them for around 2K. Do the work and part out the old motor
I greatly appreciate the suggestion... Right now 2k, 4K its all the same. The bike, the motor, myself, and now the trans have been through some stuff. We'll ride or die this thing to the end. Plus, I know how it has been used and treated. It has stressed and flexed with the frame. At this point it's the weak link in the drivetrain. By the time I save the funds, technology will have caught up with the torque levels these motors are capable of and bulletproof we will be. I'll be barking from the porch until then. Ride fellas ride...

381 - 393 of 393 Posts