Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help last 2 times i was out with my bike.when i pulled away in first gear hard on the gas it shifted into second by itself .if i go easy i have to shift it normal.So the question is will i have to get the trans opened up.the worst with this is i don't have a dealer around here but have couple guys that wrench on all kinds bikes they just never had the pleasure of working on a victory.O it's a 2008 vegas any luck Kevinx will see this thanks george

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Lots of miles on bike? Are you sure you aren't bumping the shifter? I have done in out of habit on lots of bikes, that is shifting into second without clutching, just let off and nudge the shifter.Just an idea. Never really heard of one popping into second on its own.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trans

Thanks for the reply.Had the bike 4 years with 20000 miles never did it before.never touched the shifter hopefully some one on here can help me and i don't have to tear it all apart thanks george

·
Registered
470 Posts
never have seen that in any bike. im pretty sure if somethings not hitting the shifter, you have some major issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts