Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2012 HardBall and wanting a bit more rumble! I was thinking of the tri ovals? I've heard some sound clips and they seem to produce a nnice tone! I know they're quite pricey, but they do look good! Anyone with personal experience with these, please chime in, thanks.thumb up

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Tri-Oval exhaust. But I wanted to tell you to be careful when listening to sound clips of exhaust on the internet. I just got done installing the D&D slip on mufflers on my brothers Vision. And when you listen to sound clips of the D&D exhaust they sound like they are decently loud and have a nice rumble. Even in the video's that I shot the D&D's sound fairly loud and have a nice rumble. But in the real world the D&D's are really quiet. Like just barely louder than the stage 1 pipes. I have RPW's on my XC and they are probably 3 times louder than the D&D's even when I unwrapped the baffle on the D&D's.

I'm not bashing any muffler with this post. I'm just saying to be careful when listening to exhaust clips on the internet. I know they are basically all that you have for reference but in my experience the sound you hear over youtube videos isn't really all that close to the reality of the pipes. Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know, it is very hard to tell online what the actual sound is going to sound like in person! unless you ahve actually heard and know what a bike has on it in person it's really a crap shoot! I find buying an exhaust one of the toughest decisions to make on a bike!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yeah I know, it is very hard to tell online what the actual sound is going to sound like in person! unless you ahve actually heard and know what a bike has on it in person it's really a crap shoot! I find buying an exhaust one of the toughest decisions to make on a bike!
Asking how an aftermarket exhaust sounds is too subjective. You can ask about reliability, customer service from the MFG., things like that but, the sound that's right for me and how I think it sounds, is completely different from everyone else.

I had D&D's on my XC and I decided on them after hearing RPW's, Big Honkers and D&D's in person. I thought mine got louder (wrapped) as they broke in and that's why I decided to go with Vic's Tri-Ovals after riding/hearing those on X-Bikes. Just my 02 cents....

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts