Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Application is a 2013 Hard-Ball stock ECU.

At the end of may I have an appointment for:
Lloydz VM1-DR cams
Lloydz air filter
Lloydz timing wheel,
PCV and dyno tune

Currently I have the Tri-Oval mufflers on, which came with the bike deal uninstalled, no flash, O2's pulled, just to have them on prior to the appointment.

I'm rethinking the Tri-Oval's verses another muffler route with stock headers.

They sound ok, though a bit EPA-anemic, but decent. Granted sound is subjective. I like a low-frequency deep tone. I was rather pleased with the RPW Slash I had on the High-Ball, though I was annoyed after a couple hours in the saddle as they're loud as hell. Didn't necessarily want to go that crazy on this bagger, though bagger exhaust is behind you so in the saddle you don't get quite as blasted.

My main question is how will the Tri-Oval exhaust perform, especially given the performance mods I'm about to do?

VERY open to other recommendations. Modded stock or exchange stock.. Etc. Witchdoctors, Nascar6, etc etc etc.. I'm wide open-minded on the subject.

I still have the stock mufflers.
Input from any/all in the know who've dyno'd or done similar cams etc highly welcome and appreciated.

Other recommendations?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tri-Ovals are not bad performers. If you like the look and sound, hell, you already have them...

Thanks. Yep. Good point. I have them and have them already on. I just feared they'd fair closer to mediocre as Vic's steel-frame stage 1's tend to be assessed.

Granted the tour bike headers are a whole other ball game entirely. I've read the XC/XR headers aren't too shabby though by folks like KevinX. Not so thrilled about the cats just as a general opinion, but if the 'system' with the cats flows well, so be it.

Yeah on looks they're fairly sexy.
On sound I'd say they're adequate on a stock bike so hopefully a little bit meaner after air flow is opened up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Although I dont have the cams yet, I do have the tri-ovals, filter, ats at +4 and PCV. Kyle of KMC powersports dynoed my bike to a tune of 96.56hp and 113.57 tq.. I have read that they perform pretty well..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Although I dont have the cams yet, I do have the tri-ovals, filter, ats at +4 and PCV. Kyle of KMC powersports dynoed my bike to a tune of 96.56hp and 113.57 tq.. I have read that they perform pretty well..
I spoke with Kyle today ... I'm going in the first week of June when he gets back from his tour ... Cant wait !thumb up

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good deal. Kyle's doing my cams and goodies as well. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Nice stock cam numbers. I imagine I'm sure I'll be pleased when she comes off the dyno.

·
12,984 Posts
bsbabcock

why don't you call Kyle and ask what he thing with all the parts your doing

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bsbabcock

why don't you call Kyle and ask what he thing with all the parts your doing
I did, in a manner.. Shot him a reply to an email we have going stating "your thoughts on it, at your leisure".. As I'm sure he's a busy guy. In meantime I wanted to get some discussion going from you guys also.. As there isn't much out there discussing Vic's Tri-Oval pipes' actual performance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have your setup minus the cams. Waiting for Lloydz to restock them. I like the Tri-oval for touring duties. Interested to see what you can get from this setup with the cams installed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have your setup minus the cams. Waiting for Lloydz to restock them. I like the Tri-oval for touring duties. Interested to see what you can get from this setup with the cams installed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Me too. I'll post up graphs hopefully.
And review throttle response, ride-ability, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me too. I'll post up graphs hopefully.
And review throttle response, ride-ability, etc etc.

Oh noes I hope Kyle has all the parts come southeast rally. :)

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
The Tri Ovals perform very well. I have them on my CCT. Rylan commented the torque curve is typically table top flat with the Tri Ovals. I wouldn't consider another set of mufflers. Especially since you already have them.

With the Tri Ovals, Lloyds DR cams, Lloyds air filter, Lloyds timing wheel (+4), PCV and a dyno tune expect about +30hp, +20ft.lbs of torque and +3 mpg over a stock bike.

A Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring rounds out the package nicely.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^ awesome. Graphs coming then. Yeah that throttle ring looks interesting.

Reminds me I need to adjust out some of the slop in the throttle cables from dealer prep or lack thereof. Clutch cable ends have grease at least.

Did do my 500 oil change at least and reviewing which fasteners need checked. Magnetic drain plug and K&P oil filter installed. That's a slick product for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Good deal. Kyle's doing my cams and goodies as well. Can't wait.

Babs , are you riding up to his shop in RI to have it done , or when he is on tour ... Just wondering , if you were going to his shop , we could try to meet up for a bit . Only 90 mi from my house ... I would say lunch would be in order !thumb up

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lucky you!
Wish I could. No I'm in the south down in Asheville so I'm set up with an appointment at the Helen GA rally end of this month.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
He told me yesterday he was going to be on tour for a few more weeks , I'm first on the list when he gets back . I was hoping you were coming this way so we could meet up . Good luck with your build !cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Lucky you!
Wish I could. No I'm in the south down in Asheville so I'm set up with an appointment at the Helen GA rally end of this month.

I have a good idea where you are , I only asked cause some of the guys ride 1000 mi to see Kyle , and Lloyds too ... Figured you may be up for the ride too .:D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a good idea where you are , I only asked cause some of the guys ride 1000 mi to see Kyle , and Lloyds too ... Figured you may be up for the ride too .:D
Thanks.. Yeah I imagine switching "High" for "Hard" on the vehicle name, my radius of potential travel on this scoot just quadrupled. I foresee quite a few more states to cross off the map. thumb up So ya never know when I get that kind of time. cheers.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Tri Ovals perform very well. I have them on my CCT. Rylan commented the torque curve is typically table top flat with the Tri Ovals. I wouldn't consider another set of mufflers. Especially since you already have them.

With the Tri Ovals, Lloyds DR cams, Lloyds air filter, Lloyds timing wheel (+4), PCV and a dyno tune expect about +30hp, +20ft.lbs of torque and +3 mpg over a stock bike.

A Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring rounds out the package nicely.
Saw your thread and graph.. I'm going to have to take up another hobby so I don't go stir crazy waiting for the appointment. You're right, that's one seriously flat torque curve. I bet the big ole XCT pulls like a freight train up the mountains.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts