Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you were wondering here how Tri Oval's do with some mods.
In a nutshell, not bad. Best? Surely not. But made a nice torque curve I think. Every bike is different. This is what I pulled with it raining and steamy at the SEVR. How she runs now is indescribably nice, in every scenario, cruising, pulling, putt-putting, WOT, and any RPM. The tri-ovals do sound better also once you open up the air a bit with the VM1's, filter and air shroud removal, and have it tuned correctly.

Can't tell.. Maybe one of these pics will work.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ImageUploadedByMO Free1401736553.126332.jpg

Maybe this'll work straight from phone.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Very nice numbers! Congrats! thumb up I agree, those mods do make the 106 motor that much better.

I had basically the same numbers on my 2011 XC, minus the wheel, when Kyle tuned it last summer. Waiting for him to get back to his shop in RI to make the magic happen on my new XCT. :D

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Similar numbers on my CCT from The Vic Shop. Rylan commented that the Tri Ovals always seem to produce a nice 'table top flat' torque curve. Congratulations and have fun on your properly tuned Victory.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
cams certainly keep the HP ramping up.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Nice and congrats !cheers

You will love every mile.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cams certainly keep the HP ramping up.
Might be the combination of the wheel at +4 and the VM1's.. More probably all parts, cams, filter, wheel, and tune, but it's amazing even at idle she's like a completely different engine.

While the cams I've read are a fairly mild profile, the bike is ultra responsive, simply smoother and less strained. It shows you a stock 106 is "strangled", for lack of a better word. I can never go back now having experienced it. She now breathes in deep and says "ah smell the fresh air".

I would venture to be as bold to say it wouldn't surprise me if reliability over the long haul may be actually improved. I suspect the mileage as well.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Yes, certainly its the right combination.
Compared with my 'little' 100 cube on dyno graphs,
Im around ten horse shy of a well breathing 106,
The 106 keeps the HP rising where my 100 tails off.
My torque, breathing well and at 4deg, is comparable to the 106, and comes in strong earlier, but the cubes certainly pump the HorsePower curve.
Add the cams and my 100 is annihilated in both torque and horsepower!
Although my only saving grace is stronger torque down low, but once past 2500 all bets are off.
Cubes, Cams, and the extended revs make all the difference.
To a well breathing engine of course.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Might be the combination of the wheel at +4 and the VM1's.. More probably all parts, cams, filter, wheel, and tune, but it's amazing even at idle she's like a completely different engine.

While the cams I've read are a fairly mild profile, the bike is ultra responsive, simply smoother and less strained. It shows you a stock 106 is "strangled", for lack of a better word. I can never go back now having experienced it. She now breathes in deep and says "ah smell the fresh air".

I would venture to be as bold to say it wouldn't surprise me if reliability over the long haul may be actually improved. I suspect the mileage as well.
100% agree. On my first ever ride on a CCT my thoughts were this is a great motorcycle but the engine and exhaust seem constipated. I have Lloyds DR cams, Lloyds timing wheel, Lloyds air filter, Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring, Tri Ovals, PCV and a dyno tune from The Vic Shop, That netted +30hp, +20ft.lbs of torque, +3mpg and a LOT less engine/exhaust heat compared to a stock 106.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There is something to be said about a great running motorcycle. It will keep you loving it and most of all keep you wanting to ride it as much as possible. These bikes come from Polaris with well thought out engineering in handling and comfort. Polaris put a large displacement power plant into an awesome designed frame and they left the rest up to us. With the help of dedicated Victory tuners we get the opportunity to make it even better. As proven time and time again by so many here on forums and the open road you can have this great running bike too. All you have to do is tune it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts