Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Tri-oval pipe owners looking for custom baffles?

I have learned a lot about exhaust while researching the 2 into 1 system I'm building I figure why not put that to use. I will be redesigning my Tri-oval pipe baffle anyway. I've got a welder and access to a full machine shop so I'm going to be designing a few other products later too.

I'm looking at designing a few different baffles all will be Dyno tested to give you an exact graph over stock Tri-oval's.

im expecting costs to be about $200.00 or less.

So if I was to do this what kind of changes would you guys like to see?
Louder
Quieter
Deeper tone
I can offer 2 into 1 conversion also once I get mine finnished and tested.

If I get enough interest I will need someone in the Sacramento area that already has Tri-ovals installed and Dyno tuned when I get ready to test. That person will get a free set of baffles and re Dyno tuned for them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have Crory Ness big honkers and would like them quieter with a nicer tone when cruising on HWY not the annoying drone I have now :frown

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's my 2 cents as a Tri-Oval owner.

1. I was at a dealer a couple weeks ago and they had a set of de-baffled Tri-Ovals on an XC and asked if I wanted to hear them. Of course I did. I was not impressed at all. The sound was "dirty", not a good pitch or tone at all.

2. My bike has been dyno tuned. It would have to be done again if I had my pipes re-baffled.

3. If I'm changing the Tri-Ovals, I'm going to Vance & Hines. IMO they are by far the best sounding pipes on a Victory XC.

That being said, I appreciate what you are doing and I'm looking forward to seeing what results you get on the dyno.

Also to answer your question, I want LOUD and deep, with performance.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I love my TriOvals, but really would like a deeper tone at the same or a little higher db level.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
I love my TriOvals, but really would like a deeper tone at the same or a little higher db level.
I have the same bike, but went from stock pipes to D&D, then to Vance & Hines - no looking back.... :ride:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am very interested!!!!

want deeper tone, mine came debaffled from the dealer and i am looking for some baffles...

let me know!

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
On the Victory Facebook page Drew Miller recently posted that he’s working on a new baffle for the Tri Ovals. With Drew involved, I’d expect something very nice is forthcoming for us fans of the Tri Ovals.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On the Victory Facebook page Drew Miller recently posted that he’s working on a new baffle for the Tri Ovals. With Drew involved, I’d expect something very nice is forthcoming for us fans of the Tri Ovals.
Any other course for info for us non-Facebook cavemen?

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
gutted mine out to 2" straight thru with stainless outer packing for sound aborbtion.
Only way I reckon to get louder is rip the cats out.
Riding my RPW Slash Vegas today and its far far rortier than the debaffled XC.
Seems to go harder too!😈

1 - 12 of 12 Posts