Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the bike in for the 500 mile initial service and ended up getting the Stage 1 tri-ovals, black with chrome tips. It's supposed to include air filter and EFI remap (not sure if they will dyno tune it; that's probably not needed without a power commander). I hope to get it back friday. It was $1k installed. Anyone else have this setup? They had it in stock, ready to go. I hope it sounds ok.:ride:

·
Registered
579 Posts
When I traded my 2011 XC for my 2013 XCT, the dealer had already installed the tri ovals. They sound pretty good. Mellow at idle and light acceleration, they growl nicely during heavy acceleration.

My only wish is that I had chrome with black tips instead of all chrome. I have to keep cleaning the friggin exhaust soot off the chrome tip on the clutch side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH damnit, I didn't even think of the exhaust soot issue! They had black with chrome tips and chrome with black tips on site. Oh well.

Did it add any noticable power?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't really know since my other bike also had the stage 1 kit, so it seems about the same. It does sound much better than the standard stage 1.

Cleaning the tip isn't that big of a problem, its just another spot to clean. The shape does look good and if they're black, that wouldn't be noticed much.

·
Registered
919 Posts
i have the tri ovals on my xr with the black tips and u can tell a big difference on take off makes the bike come alive i believe you will be very happy with ur setup

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drove my XCT for over 2000 miles before I got my Tri-Oval w/Stage 1 installed. WOW~! What a difference in sound~! My Harley buddies also are very impressed with the sound. Power is improved, but hard to define. Could be I feel there is more power with the sound improvement. You will enjoy them~!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just had my Tri Ovals done yesterday with my 500 mile service as well. Chrome/Chrome for me, since I have the AG version with all chrome accents. Looks fantastic, and sounds even better.

I'm very happy with my dealer (long time customer with them), and I received some amazing express service on this occasion as well. I called them Monday morning this week to set up a time to get the bike in, then dropped off the bike on Monday night, and it was ready for me at Noon on Tuesday (next day). They even fixed my initial bugs, including drive belt and shift linkage adjustments. It rides perfect now.

Regarding power increase, I honestly think it is just the fact that it sounds so much better, that it makes you feel like its got more power, but I would doubt that in reality it would add more than an HP or two. No matter, it is so much more enjoyable to ride now, and that is the main thing.

I came from a totally custom chopper with over $10k in motor work. Yes it was a torque beast, and a blast to simply try to hang on to as you twisted the throttle, but it really wore the hell out you after an hour or two of constant strain. In comparison, this XC with the Tri Oval addition is now as enjoyable to get on and ride as my chopper was, with the big plus being that I don't get tired of hanging on after an hour or two, and can ride this one all day long without even thinking about having to take a break. Awesome. thumb up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just had my Tri Ovals done yesterday with my 500 mile service as well. Chrome/Chrome for me, since I have the AG version with all chrome accents. Looks fantastic, and sounds even better.

I'm very happy with my dealer (long time customer with them), and I received some amazing express service on this occasion as well. I called them Monday morning this week to set up a time to get the bike in, then dropped off the bike on Monday night, and it was ready for me at Noon on Tuesday (next day). They even fixed my initial bugs, including drive belt and shift linkage adjustments. It rides perfect now.

Regarding power increase, I honestly think it is just the fact that it sounds so much better, that it makes you feel like its got more power, but I would doubt that in reality it would add more than an HP or two. No matter, it is so much more enjoyable to ride now, and that is the main thing.

I came from a totally custom chopper with over $10k in motor work. Yes it was a torque beast, and a blast to simply try to hang on to as you twisted the throttle, but it really wore the hell out you after an hour or two of constant strain. In comparison, this XC with the Tri Oval addition is now as enjoyable to get on and ride as my chopper was, with the big plus being that I don't get tired of hanging on after an hour or two, and can ride this one all day long without even thinking about having to take a break. Awesome. thumb up
Nice to hear Joelis! I hope to get mine back today or tomorrow. My dealer is swamped and I dont have any sort of VIP service!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Had the same ones installed when I bought the bike. (see my signature for accessories). Didn't got the stock pipes back, along with the stock filter. They didn't remap or anything. WORKED GREAT!. I'm in Denver, so altitude takes away. Sound is perfect. Since I added the PCV and the auto tune, I could tell a difference for sure. (Lloydz cams probably helped too :). Again, great sound. No popping, you can hear them, but it's not overwhelming. I don't drive down the road setting off car alarms. I would suggest the PC5 and the auto tune. Lloydz cams were a little over $500. Even a bigger difference with those in the engine.

Be safe

·
Registered
212 Posts
I totally forgot about asking for the stock pipes back when I picked up the bike. Oh well, I got the new ones at cost so no big deal. I didn't really have anywhere to store them until resale anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I totally forgot about asking for the stock pipes back when I picked up the bike. Oh well, I got the new ones at cost so no big deal. I didn't really have anywhere to store them until resale anyway.
I was just thinking about getting mine back too! We will see if I get any pushback

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had the same ones installed when I bought the bike. (see my signature for accessories). Didn't got the stock pipes back, along with the stock filter. They didn't remap or anything. WORKED GREAT!. I'm in Denver, so altitude takes away. Sound is perfect. Since I added the PCV and the auto tune, I could tell a difference for sure. (Lloydz cams probably helped too :). Again, great sound. No popping, you can hear them, but it's not overwhelming. I don't drive down the road setting off car alarms. I would suggest the PC5 and the auto tune. Lloydz cams were a little over $500. Even a bigger difference with those in the engine.

Be safe
Squeak, I'll have to get your advice sometime on the rest of that stuff! I am out of money for now, will probably wait until winter or later to do cams, tune, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Boy I screwed up the last post. I DID get the stock pipes back, along with the air filter. By the time my thoughts reach the keyboard, it gets lost. They also gave me back my Klokwerks windshield back and re-installed the stock shield. The Klokwerks was just a little too short. By the way, it's not necessary if you get the Auto tune. Probably works if you're riding in significantly different elevations. In Denver, I can go from 5280 ft to 14,000 feet above sea level within a couple of hours, so I thought it was necessary. Didn't have the dyno done. At this altitude, the HP I'm going to get is a lot less then those in Florida. Still feels great. I KNOW just having the tri-ovals installed, made a noticeable difference. (I test rode a stock CCT with the stock exhausts) Here at altitude, the difference was small, but noticeable. FYI. If you get the PC5 and the auto tune, make sure they tuck it in there right. My dealer put both units behind the left side cover. Snug fit. Had to take it back and have them re-adjust a little. At speed, 2 of the 3 pop-in points would come loose. They fixed it. Smooth curve in HP and torque all the way up through the gears. (for me at least)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are on! They sound FANTASTIC! Quiet until you roll on. Very Harley-sounding. Also extra power as well. I noticed much better roll-on power in 6th. THey said they do NOT flash at this altitude but they gave me a certificate that I can sell or use to reflash if I move to sea-level

·
Registered
636 Posts
I contacted Victory on FB and asked them why Victory is making their bike owners purchase another entire stage1 kit if the owner already had an OEM stage1 but wants to simply change pipes. I said they are losing money by forcing owners to go aftermarket because its cheaper. They wrote back and wanted information like the VIN and address info. Said once they got that , they would forward my complaint to " consumer services". Is that an encouraging sign?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The dealership can order just the S1 flash only. If they say they can't then they were just to lazy to call and see if they can or they are trying to make a few more dollars off of you. I asked the then new dealer in town if he could do it. He didn't know but emailed Polaris and they sent a reply back saying he could with the item # and what it cost (dealer cost).

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The dealership can order just the S1 flash only. If they say they can't then they were just to lazy to call and see if they can or they are trying to make a few more dollars off of you. I asked the then new dealer in town if he could do it. He didn't know but emailed Polaris and they sent a reply back saying he could with the item # and what it cost (dealer cost).
I think you read his post backwards. He already HAD the flash and therefore (logically) wanted to buy ONLY the pipes but Victory is FORCING all buyer to also by the S1 flash ....even if they DON'T need it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My bad, I did read it backwards. It would seem if they can order a flash seperate then they should be able to order the pipes. What if you dumped your bike and messed up your tri-ovals, they gonna make you buy the whole S1 kit again!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
What if you dumped your bike and messed up your tri-ovals, they gonna make you buy the whole S1 kit again!
Intresting.. :confused:wac

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think you read his post backwards. He already HAD the flash and therefore (logically) wanted to buy ONLY the pipes but Victory is FORCING all buyer to also by the S1 flash ....even if they DON'T need it.
yup he did read it kinda reverse- like. But the s1 is the pipe, the flash and the air filter....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts