Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already done a Stage 1 upgrade with the stock mufflers and last weekend I met a guy who had the Stage 1 kit with Tri-Ovals and loved the sound of his bike. A great rumble at idle and a sweet sound on the hiway.
If I already have the Stage 1 installed, will I need to get re-mapped and tuned if I slip on a set of Tri-Ovals?
Most dealers quote prices for new air filter and re-mapping.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Forget the dealer crap... Buy a PCV, Lloydz air and Lloydz timing wheel. Then ask a member on here with the same mods as you for PCV map.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
PCV I can do, I don't think we ever got set up with Loyds, Just got set up with Dirty bird. Oh and Witch Doc.
You can get the LLoydz products through Witchdoctors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Paul for your answer. I suspected as much.

I looked at the Lloydz stuff on Witch Doctor (great site!), I am not going to tackle any engine mods just yet. I have been too busy puttin on miles to start tinkering yet. First bike have had in 15 years.
Maybe this winter when I am not sledding

·
Registered
399 Posts
I love the combo fo Tri-ovals, PCV, Lloydz wheel and filter on my bike. Throw on the 1/4 turn throttle and it has some solid get up and go without being too loud at cruise.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't have any power adders on my bike except the tri-ovals and the factory stage 1 map and filter. Was planning on a PCV but my dyno guy ran a baseline and my fueling is so close to perfect it's not really worth the money to get an extra hp or two out of it.

The sound is definitely sweet though and actually one of the reasons I bought the bike I did (used, came with the triovals on it already, other option was also used, WAY cheaper, but more miles and no exhaust). Idle is nice and rumbly but not so loud it wakes the neighbors, cruise has a good low tone without being obnoxious to others or fatiguing to me, but get on the throttle and it has a wonderful bark that lets you know I'm coming. :cool:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Those cards are EPA compliant so your not gaining much if anything. thumb upcheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love my stage one tri ovals, purrs when cruising along but bark when you get on the gas. I embarrassed a couple Harley riders this weekend with my setup and my wife on the back. They all had motor mods and couldn't pull me. We put on 300 miles and I felt like my bike was the best riding and fastest bike of the group. All road kings, ultra glides and street glides. They were impressed to say the least!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought them, now I have to wait until they arrive!
Has anyone every tried out the stereo?
It has a couple speakers and an amp. Speakers bolt right to the handle bars.
Dude has one for sale as well, brand new. Part number 2879625-266.
They look OK, wondering how they sound with just a windscreen.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am assuming a Crossroads... By reading your previous posts. There are several manufacturers of speaker systems that sound great. My buddy has a pair on his Roadking made by cycle sounds... Whole setup cost him $350 and he can hear it to 120kmh.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
'14 Cross Roads 8-Ball.
Just got it a month ago. I have a 'tall' windscreen now.
Dude want $300 CDN for these speakers and amp. In Canada the retail is almost $600. I thought I would try them out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I bought my bike in AZ. I had a stage one flash and airbox with different mufflers. When I bought the tri ovals, which were not yet avl when I bought the bike, I had to get a new flash. That's all I know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts