Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to install the tri ovals that I got but was wondering if I can't get in to flash the computer for the kit any time soon is it preferable to just install the mufflers or go ahead and install both the mufflers and filter?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Might not be preferable because your bike will be running even leaner than current, and if it's stock now, it's probably pretty lean to begin with. I would say install the mufflers but leave the air filter out until you get the flash done (or get a tuner on that bad boy and really unleash the hidden power).

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
YEAH... what broggyr said...True :grin

·
12,983 Posts
guessing dealer will charge you maybe $150 to do the flash card. Save up some money go to a rally and get a tune from one of the top vic tuners

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer will charge me for the flash?:eek
I didn't figure that.... Hell if that's the case I'll just buy a programmer.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Of course. You don’t expect them to do work for free, do you? 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Of course. You don’t expect them to do work for free, do you? 🧐

Based on my experience with dealers, I don't really expect them to do the work at all :ltr:

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Touche'. Well played :)
Indeed lol

Well I didn't expect it to be free but no where near 150 just to plug something in and update it.
Obviously I'm oblivious....I never have dealers or shops work on anything car, motorcycle, boat.....
Guess I'll start looking at programmers

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I and a good many others have a Power Commander V - good unit but requires a dyno tune for the best results. There are less expensive units out there and can be programmed via trial & error. There's a new kid on the block called Maximus which flashes the OEM ECU directly and does not piggyback like the PCV or others. Folks have reported good results with it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Reading about the Maximus on their website and have to say that is very intriguing and no need for a timing wheel too, save 100 there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
guessing dealer will charge you maybe $150 to do the flash card.
I am in the same boat as you, having just installed the Tri Oval Stage One Kit on my new to me 2013 XCT.
While I was over at the dealer recently (London ON) having them put in the new saddlebag revised latch kit (for free) I inquired what they charged for doing the flash and I was quoted $75 CDN

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see in another thread Maximus is mentioned a few times at a cost of $1000....ugh that must be considering if you purchase the wideband kit. I am going to assume that is not a necessary item.

I don't plan on doing any major mods on my CC until the warranty is up. just intake, exhaust, tune etc for now so I should be able to live very happily with just the main unit itself correct?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I've lived happily for nearly 6 years with a stock cross bike with the exception of a modified slip on exhaust. Sure I thought of doing all the performance upgrades after my warranty (I had a 5 year warranty on mine) but now that warranty is come and gone I really don't have the desire to do anything to it. I am pretty happy with the stock setup.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
My warranty is up this year but that didn’t stop me

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I've lived happily for nearly 6 years with a stock cross bike with the exception of a modified slip on exhaust. Sure I thought of doing all the performance upgrades after my warranty (I had a 5 year warranty on mine) but now that warranty is come and gone I really don't have the desire to do anything to it. I am pretty happy with the stock setup.

If I can attend a meet and greet, you're welcome to try out my CCT. It currently looks like a CC due to the trunk and the CCT lowers being off. You just have to promise not to hold me to account if you then decide to lighten your finances a bit. The sensations experienced after releasing some of the power your CR was originally designed to have can be very therapeutic. Again, don't blame me, I'm simply offering up a ride on a slightly (low hanging fruit) modified Victory.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
If I can attend a meet and greet, you're welcome to try out my CCT. It currently looks like a CC due to the trunk and the CCT lowers being off. You just have to promise not to hold me to account if you then decide to lighten your finances a bit. The sensations experienced after releasing some of the power your CR was originally designed to have can be very therapeutic. Again, don't blame me, I'm simply offering up a ride on a slightly (low hanging fruit) modified Victory.
I certainly know after 6 years on this forum that my XR has some hidden power waiting to be released. I will take you up on a test ride of your machine if we ever happen to be near one another, may change my mind and force me to let go of a few dollars!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Well I finally did a test ride of about 40 miles after putting on the Tri-Ovals by myself, getting the Stage 1 flash(dealer) and Loydz air filter installed(which I did myself thanks to some encouragement from my friend "Chattanooga Mark" and a how to Video) and I must say that those simple additions to my CCT has made a big difference in performance, throttle response etc. Maybe even a little better gas mileage..Well worth the money spent. :grin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts