Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Got a question for you Victory gurus. I'm looking for the triangular Victory headlight housing (or full assembly....I already have the lens but I'll take what I can get).

First question...is this a super hard part to come by? I have only found one on all of the internet, and it's gold so I'd have to get it painted. My other option with it leads me to the next question which is....

#2. What is the headlight made of? Plastic, aluminum or steel? I thought I could maybe strip the paint and if it's made of aluminum, I could steel wool it to get the brushed aluminum effect then clear it.

I don't have a Victory bike (don't hate). :D I'm a big fan of Victory. I have 3 friends that work at their R+D facility which is just a mile from my house. I get to see many of those purdy bikes come and go throughout the summer. love them! I just couldn't afford one so I got myself an 07 Yamaha Warrior. I'm looking to change out my stock headlight for the Victory one that is triangular. That will likely mean I'll have to relocate my tach, keyswitch, shave the triple trees, and do some other mods. Worth it though if I can get a light to fit in there.

Thanks for any information you can offer up. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
229 Posts
if they show up used they are snatched up quick by the pre 07 bike owners.

they are expensive, i have a lens but need the outer housing for my kingpin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much do they typically go for when they go up for sale (used)? Just want to know what to expect. thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just answered you in your intro post.

But let's party here instead!
Headlight housing=aluminum
Top half= $30
Bottom half= almost $400 :crzy:

These are prices for brand new. Why the variance in price between the top and bottom? I don't know. Cuz they can?

Not hard to come by new. Just pricey for the bottom half.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I searched through the buy/sell part of the site. Didn't find anything yet. Hopefully something will crop up soon. Thanks for the info. sooner or later I'm bound to find one. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a lower part i will sell for 100 bucks. Its sunset red.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses fellas! I came across a guy locally who had one...$100!! That's for everything...bucket, lens AND bulbs to boot! That was a score and a half! Now the fun begins...shoehorning this onto the Warrior. hmmmmmm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yamahammer is underway...need input please

Many have asked for pictures and such of this project I'm doing to my Warrior so I'm posting it here. I figured that I'm combining Yamaha and Victory Hammer elements I'd dub this Operation Yamahammer. :) I would really appreciate your input on this as I personally feel that the Warrior and Vegas/Hammer/Jackpot share similar styling lines. That said, I'd really like your opinion of what I'm doing here.

I got the light today, and I immediately went to work. Removed the handlebars to get access to things, removed the ignition and the tach.

So now the mock up question comes into play. Which configuration do you like better?

OPTION A: I like this one from the form factor. Cleaner and the light is raised up about 1 to 1.5" higher than option B. The downer about this is that I have to relocate my tach (under the tank presumably) and I wouldn't be able to reference it. I don't care about the tach itself, BUT I am rather fond of the odometer reading, especially when it shows you how many miles you've gone once the fuel light trips on the speedometer. VERY important information.

OPTION B: Not as clean at first glance as Option A, but still not bad. Not sure if this maybe puts the light too far forward....or at least maybe has the illusion of it with the tach cover above it. The trade here is that I retain the use of my tach and odometer, but might lose the streamlined look of the light. Not sure either way. Might have to chew on it for a while.

What do you guys think? I thought about looking into grinding down the tach housing a tick so that I could get the light positioned up and back more like Option A. Not sure if that would still give the light more of a stretched look like I mentioned above or not.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bottom Picture.

I like the bottom picture personally. I got a friend with an older V-star,he keeps putting money into it and it is only a 650. He loves that old bike. To bad you do not live closer to him. You could possibly sell your bike to him and then maybe swing a Victory, if that is what you really want. Bike is going to look nice. I understand not having the money for one. Good luck with your project and post more pictures.cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Speedblue! My wife took these pictures last night, I posted them then went to bed. Looking at them more this morning and chewing on the options in my head. At first blush, I didn't care for the bottom one much, but the more I'm looking at it it's growing on me more a bit. I still like the top one more I think. However, if I go that route (option A) then I have to shave the mounting tabs and such on the triple tree and polish it. That's A) a lot of work and B) not reversible...once I do that, if I want to put the tach back on then I'll need to put new triple trees (at least the upper one) back on.

Decisions.....

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You got a smoking on the Vic headlight assy so you probably still have a few bucks left. Use opt A and buy a round tach to mount on top of your trees.

It'll save your tach, possibly add more options (trip/odo/temp/etc), and make your Yammie a little more Vic'ish.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tach I don't care about really...it's the fact that the odometer is built into the tach gauge assembly. I don't have a fuel gauge, so when my fuel light comes on indicating I'm low on fuel (that light is in the speedometer cluster, which is a separate gauge), I only have 15-20 miles before I'm out. When that light trips at night, it's easily seen. During the day in the sun....not so much. When that light trips though, the odometer goes into a separate "trip mode" so to speak and it shows you how many miles you've gone since the fuel light tripped on. That's the big reason I want to keep that gauge...so that I know what I'm looking like fuel wise.

Thinking I MIGHT be able to rig something up that would allow me to only have to grind off the switch mount on the triple tree and leave the other 4 mounts there. If I can swing it, I'll make a significantly smaller housing that will go right by the triple tree, but not protrude out the 6-7" like it does now...maybe only 2-3". We'll see. I'll have a better idea once I get home from work tonight and look at things. :)

Thanks for the input everyone! Keep it coming! You all are great and I appreciate the willingness to partner with me on this adventure!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just answered you in your intro post.

But let's party here instead!
Headlight housing=aluminum
Top half= $30
Bottom half= almost $400 :crzy:

These are prices for brand new. Why the variance in price between the top and bottom? I don't know. Cuz they can?

Not hard to come by new. Just pricey for the bottom half.
Where did you get those prices from? namely the top half and the lens

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just searched there for the top. They want 90 bucks, and its the chrome one. I have a lower 06-08. I might rethink this project

·
Registered
229 Posts
there is a warrior up at the shop i work at right now for insurance claim, and the silver cover/tach was lightly scratched and i know the insurance gave him the money for a new one but i doubt he replaces it, but if he does, i'll snag the old on and sell it to you for the cost of shipping and you can grind it to sit flush on the headlight and if you dont like it you can just trash it and fall back on your old one.cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just searched there for the top. They want 90 bucks, and its the chrome one. I have a lower 06-08. I might rethink this project
Where are you guys seeing $90? I just checked and its 115.

Welcome To Don Wood Victory Parts Finder

Genuine OEM Victory Parts for Vegas, Kingpin, 8-Ball, High Ball, Jackpot, Arlen Ness and Cory Ness Edition Victory Mototcycles. We have Parts Catalogs From the 1999 Victory Standard Cruiser all the Way up to Todays latest Victory Motorcycle Models.
Customer with account - click here to sign in

By Category By Manufacturer BY MANUFACTURER

Victory
Motorcycles

Reverse Part Number Lookup

Manufacturer: Victory
Enter a part number:

Parts Search Results

QUANTITY PART RETAIL YOUR PRICE
CVR-HEADLIGHT BUCKET,CHR (5135752-156) $143.01 $115.84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 20 of 22 Posts