Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I just noticed this today as I was cleaning my XC. I looked in the manual and it says that there is a connector for a battery charger/tender but it doesn't say where on the bike. Is this the connection? Can I plug a battery tender Jr. in this connection or do I need the victory charger?

[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks you in advance for the help with my questions. The weather is turning in Nebraska and the bike may be sitting for a few months before I can take it out again. I would love to hook a tender up to the battery. On my last ride I wired a pig-tail to my battery and also used it for a 12-volt charger connection. I was thinking I was going to need to do that again for my XC...but to my surprise...maybe not! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my Hammer it comes directly from the posts on the battery, its a pigtail maybe 12" long, connects directly to a tender jr.cheers
On my XC it is all the way to the front of the bike.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this a better angle?

[/URL][/IMG]

Hard to tell from the angle but yes, that looks like the same type of connector. I bought a Jr and connected it to my Vegas so I am sure that will work just fine cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
This plug was on your bike when you bought it? That totally looks like a Battery Tender plug!

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
That's it Scotchie. Its called an SAE connector and it runs directly to the battery. Feel free to hook up an automatic trickle charger to it.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Awesome! I wish I knew this was there, I've killed the battery twice by leaving on my auxillary lights and had to clip jumper cables to the solenoid contacts and ground. lol

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
You may not have one. It comes with the bike in a separate container and is to be installed during the dealer prep. Some dealers leave them off for whatever reason. If you (or any buyer of a new Vic) don't have yours, tell your dealer you want it--its part of your bike.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Like the others stated that's the Battery Tender harness connector. For those with the Cross Country and Tour models (or anyone that has added a 12V power outlet that is hot all the time) the cleanest, easiest way to plug in a battery tender is with Battery Tenders cigarette lighter adapter. I was going to install the sub harness to my battery until I saw this.

http://batterytender.com/cigarette-lighter-adaptor.html

Tech23

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Like the others stated that's the Battery Tender harness connector. For those with the Cross Country and Tour models (or anyone that has added a 12V power outlet that is hot all the time) the cleanest, easiest way to plug in a battery tender is with Battery Tenders cigarette lighter adapter. I was going to install the sub harness to my battery until I saw this.

http://batterytender.com/cigarette-lighter-adaptor.html

Tech23
I agree with Tech23 almost completely, but that's what makes the world go around, and so forth. The adapter is a fine idea, and the one he refers to is cheap enough. Powerlet makes another one (as I imagine many companies do): http://www.powerlet.com/product/cigarette-plug-to-sae-cable/2 . That's more expensive, but I've been using Powerlet products for a decade or so, and I can attest to the grade-A quality of their products.

Me, I think the most convenient plug-in system is the one I made by drilling through the left side cover. My write-up on this is in this series of photos and captions: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct-powerlet-in-side-cover/ . I put a female Powerlet socket in the side cover, which I use for heated gear and for my battery tender-like device; on that, I replaced the SAE end of one of the cords that came with it with a male Powerlet plug. But that's me...

·
Registered
104 Posts
You may not have one. It comes with the bike in a separate container and is to be installed during the dealer prep. Some dealers leave them off for whatever reason. If you (or any buyer of a new Vic) don't have yours, tell your dealer you want it--its part of your bike.
Is that just for XC or all Vic's? My Jackpot came from a dealer trade & did not come with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Is that just for XC or all Vic's? My Jackpot came from a dealer trade & did not come with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You got me there, Larry. I know they are standard on the Cross bikes, but I have no clue about the other models. Anyone out there know? Anyone? Hello...anyone there.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
You got me there, Larry. I know they are standard on the Cross bikes, but I have no clue about the other models. Anyone out there know? Anyone? Hello...anyone there.
Ric: with all due respect -- and as the completely satisfied owner of one of your lay-down license-plate brackets! -- I'm not convinced that the SAE plugs are standard on any Vic. I think maybe just some dealers do this on their own, as a courtesy to buyers.

Did you come across some reference to the plugs in an owner's or shop manual for the X bikes? If you did, that would convince me; if you didn't, well, my "courtesy" theory might be correct. Or not.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts