Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had some bouts with vertigo, and still want to ride but leary of being on two wheels. i know they don't make one but would like to know if one can be adapted to work. i have no problems with machining, fabing and welding, just need to know which kit is the closes to what i need. 2003 v92 cruiser. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
Take a test ride on a Spyder and learn what fun they are. Every trike owner who sees me on my F3 Limited says they wish they had gotten one instead. The main advantage, to me is, I can see the 2 front wheels, which is very important when maneuvering in tight spaces. Spyders are very stable, having systems that use the ABS to keep it on all 3 wheels. Speaking of wheels; car tires are a lot less $$. I can buy 3 high quality car tires for less than one MC rear tire and get almost 3X the mileage. The learning curve can be long a steep, but once you're over the top, you'll be tossing your Spyder around the twisties like you're 19 again. I am now taking curves FASTER than I did on my XR. If you are a grandpa, the grandkids will love riding on it. A Spyder is a much better ride than a cobbled together trike. You'll thank me should you get one.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
Being able to actually see your front wheels is probably very understated. Good point.

Reactions: 26Troadster

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for posting, but no thanks. i just don't like em, i like the two wheels behind me. i guess i get it from being a hot rodder.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,955 Posts
Endeavor trike conversion is great for keeping the Vic. That's two front wheels though.

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I remember seeing CSC and Hannigan at Americade with brandy-new Vic trikes, but the 2 years I went after Vic went out, I didn't see the trikes any longer.

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
Take a test ride on a Spyder and learn what fun they are. Every trike owner who sees me on my F3 Limited says they wish they had gotten one instead. The main advantage, to me is, I can see the 2 front wheels, which is very important when maneuvering in tight spaces. Spyders are very stable, having systems that use the ABS to keep it on all 3 wheels. Speaking of wheels; car tires are a lot less $$. I can buy 3 high quality car tires for less than one MC rear tire and get almost 3X the mileage. The learning curve can be long a steep, but once you're over the top, you'll be tossing your Spyder around the twisties like you're 19 again. I am now taking curves FASTER than I did on my XR. If you are a grandpa, the grandkids will love riding on it. A Spyder is a much better ride than a cobbled together trike. You'll thank me should you get one. View attachment 252332
Great looking ride Ric!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
i have had some bouts with vertigo, and still want to ride but leary of being on two wheels. i know they don't make one but would like to know if one can be adapted to work. i have no problems with machining, fabing and welding, just need to know which kit is the closes to what i need. 2003 v92 cruiser. thanks in advance.
Tricycles are for toddlers. LOL. Sorry, just HAD to.

As for your bouts of vertigo, I can make a very helpful suggestion, having been there before in the past. If you do not know what caused your vertigo, I will STRONGLY suggest you go visit a Chiropractor, preferably one who went to school at Northwestern Health Sciences University (I say this with over 30 years of chiro care from Doctors who went there, not saying others may not be as good, but have had greatest success with these docs in particular). Tell them whats been going on with vertigo, you will be extremely pleased with the results. Of course if your vertigo is caused by an illness that has attacked the part of your ear that gives you your sense of balance this wont help. Good luck and I hope you get it figured out, I know what it is like to try to live on Meclizine Hydrochloride or Dramamine, totally sucks and makes you feel blah and drugged out all the time. No thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts