Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the kits now available for Victory and Indian, isn't it time for a separate section dedicated to them? See one in my future and would love to learn from those who have already modified to them.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
good idea , I may need one in another 15-20 years if Im still around.
bloody hope I am.
Just see me at age 78, have 700,000 kms on my Vegas by then at 35,000 a year average.
Probably be bored out to 120 cubes by then and sporting a Lloydz Supercharger to smoke up those two rear wheels.
YeeeeHaaaaarrrr!:devil

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Funny the animosity sometimes between two wheelers and three. Except 3 wheelers don't give crap to those on two.

Anyway I agree MT. I'm doing a champion right now. For whatever reason, I'm doing it. You'll get better reception over on Trike Talk. They even have a Victory section. Check it out.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Animosity? Dan....gee mate... Fellings hurt?
No animosity in my part, I'm fair dinkum

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Set up a registration there, thanks for the tip. Can't believe we still wouldn't set up a spot here. What's wrong with 3 wheelers? If a disabled vet with zero riding experience shows up on one people would applaud. So 40 years biking on 900 lbs at 5' 2" developing medical issues is frowned on? Tell that to your SO when they want to ride and you say just cant do it any more, it's just not cool unless I drop the bike with you on it. People who can still ride 2 wheels at any age should be thankful for their health and know one day they may still want to ride instead of giving up a life long passion. They day you give up the dream is the day you start dying faster.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I love trikes, the way they look, tires, etc ... Never driven one .... Hope you will have a awesome trike MTVic ... Please share pictures when your building ??

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably won't do it until next year or so, still happy on 2 wheels, but definately see it coming.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I don't know anyone with animosity towards people with trikes. I think a trike section would work well if there were handful of trikes here. But I really haven't seen any on here yet. Maybe in time. Here in Arizona there are a lot of trikes. I bet they have their own exclusive site, but haven't really checked myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2012 XCT with a California Side Car kit and read this forum frequently. Rode on two wheels for a lot of years. The wife feels safe and comfortable on three so I would rather have her with me than at home. After almost 49 years of marriage you learn priorities.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
With all the kits now available for Victory and Indian, isn't it time for a separate section dedicated to them? See one in my future and would love to learn from those who have already modified to them.
Have you tried contacting the Admin to see if they would add a Trike Section? I could try if you like.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
2012 XCT with a California Side Car kit and read this forum frequently. Rode on two wheels for a lot of years. The wife feels safe and comfortable on three so I would rather have her with me than at home. After almost 49 years of marriage you learn priorities.
Good to know! I am presently converting a 2012 XC with a Champion.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've been riding Two wheelers for over 45 years. Back in 2008 i added a trike to my garage. At first i would ride the trike when the weather was crappy, And all winter when the bike was put away, Now i find i only ride my Gunner for short local rides, If /when they make a conversion kit for the Gunner i'll trike it... A few winters ago a biker said to i'll never own a trike, So i asked him how many miles did you ride your bike last winter , None he said can't ride much what with all the snow! Well i said i can and do ride just about every day... Winter or Summer....
Get over the Machoism, Trikes are the wave of the future :smile

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I think a trike is macho, then again i ain't American, ha ha ... Na mate i think trikes are soo cool

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I bite the bullet I will most likely use CSC. Best ride and handling of all I tried, but definitely wider than most. Actually prefer the Lehman rear end, I don't think the lights on the CSC quite match the bike as well. Looks more like an old chevy/vet rear.
Wish they had optional rear lights to change it up.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you tried contacting the Admin to see if they would add a Trike Section? I could try if you like.
Good idea. I figured they just read the posts. I found the link to write them, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Reactions: grh450

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Close up pictures from that TRIKE ..... Axel, belting, etc.... Details we want ha ha.... Love that stuff,

good health for your Dad .... Trike thread .... Yes

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I bite the bullet I will most likely use CSC. Best ride and handling of all I tried, but definitely wider than most. Actually prefer the Lehman rear end, I don't think the lights on the CSC quite match the bike as well. Looks more like an old chevy/vet rear.
Wish they had optional rear lights to change it up.
Wife says the rear end reminds her of a VW. Have you looked at installers for the kit? Trikes by Design did my work and has been good to work with. I checked the three in the Tampa Bay area that does the CSC kit.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Good idea. I figured they just read the posts. I found the link to write them, we'll see.
Any luck with getting through to the Admin?

Saw a pretty cool Indian trike on the Indian forum today. Busajack, a guy who had 3 Vic's and used to post here sometimes, had it in his Photobucket file.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts