Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to take a trip with my old man on the bikes for a 4 day weekend basically in mid May (assuming New England temps and weather cooperating). Was thinking of a trip up to the Berkshires/North Adams, MA area. I've hiked Mt. Graylock in the past and spent many of my camping years on the Mohawk Trail (rt. 2) and surrounding area.

Anyway. Looking for ideas on roads to take and good biker friendly places to stay. Figured I'd start here in the sub-forum of my fellow New Englanders.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Jack, I don't know if Maine is on your agenda but a leisurely back roads trip to Acadia National Park is something I have done a couple of times. Plenty of fine roads on the way and the way back plus Acadia and the surrounding roads are great.

PS... if you do get up that way And if you like BBQ make Mainly Meats a definite stop.

http://barharbor-mdi.blogspot.com/2007/06/mainely-meat-bbq.html

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maine could very well be on the agenda instead. We're looking for some nice areas we haven't been to before that have a decent amount of scenic views/twisties to go through. Love going through mountain areas.

In the 14 plus years I've been riding its one of the first ten times I get to actually ride with my father and the first actual bike trip we're taking together. Something he never had time to do when he was earlier into his career.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
2 is great in spring (better in fall) and if you take it over through North Adams and hit 7 north it will get you up to Bennington, VT. Hemmings Motor News has a garage/museum in Bennington on Rt 9 on the west side of town. At that point you are maybe 8 or 10 miles from Hoosick NY if you want to get another state under your belt. Turn around on 9 and head east and the road rocks once you get out of Bennington. Take it to Wilmington, VT, about a half an hour and then decide if you want to push north some more up Rt 100, another cool stretch of Green Mountains or stay on 9 east and run through some awesome views of the Berks as you summit the lower Greens to Brattleboro and then either east into NH or south towards home on 91.
I have always stopped in Wilmington. It has been a great little burg for lunch and a stroll around the shops but they got slammed in the floods a couple years back and I haven't been out of Colorado much to get over that way so I don't know what is left of that great town.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the additional replies. If anyone else comes up with anything feel free to contribute. I figure we're not gonna sit down and pick some routes for the trip for another week or so.thumb up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts