Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if there is something wrong with mine, since sometimes when I shut bike off and turn back on, my odometer reverts to total miles instead of trip 1. Does not do it every time, just sometimes. Do you think it is normal?
thanks.

maurice

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mine did strange things when I first got my bike.

Turns out the clutch lever was pushing the mode switch on the switch box. I had to rotate my clutch a little to make sure I wasn't changing modes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Turns out the clutch lever was pushing the mode switch on the switch box. I had to rotate my clutch a little to make sure I wasn't changing modes.
aahhh. that might be it. I will look tomorrow. Thanks!

maurice

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That was not it. Only does it after bike is stopped, and then turned back on. Since others don't have this problem, I guess it's a warranty issue. Darn it.

maurice

·
Registered
579 Posts
Another thing could be battery connections. Check at the battery and where the neg cable attaches to the block.

Good luck with it. Hope you don't have to leave it at the dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing could be battery connections. Check at the battery and where the neg cable attaches to the block.

Good luck with it. Hope you don't have to leave it at the dealer.
thanks again. yeah me too. I will remove bat cover and look tomorrow. I did mess with bat when I put my bat tender pig tail on, and then removed it again to use a cigarette lighter type plug into the 12V on left side since it's easier. Maybe I loosened the neg cable on block.

maurice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts