Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine and myself are planning a ride to the PA area first week in August. Just looking for some great riding roads, places to check out ? If anyone from the area could give some suggestions of the best roads and areas to ride that would be greatly appreciated, thank you !

·
Registered
545 Posts
In PA you can just pick a road and the ride will be awesome... if you have no particular destination and just want to ride good and scenic roads. Stay away from the big cities and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In PA you can just pick a road and the ride will be awesome... if you have no particular destination and just want to ride good and scenic roads. Stay away from the big cities and enjoy.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear! Coming from Ontario we have some great roads but no elevation changes, so were looking forward to that and some great scenery...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania is on the list, hopefully we can squeeze in the vintage bike collection, looks like a great place.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, wish I had seen this thread. :(

I live near the Grand Canyon of PA. Lots of good roads around. Would have loved to have taken a ride with you guys.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, wish I had seen this thread. :(

I live near the Grand Canyon of PA. Lots of good roads around. Would have loved to have taken a ride with you guys.
We never did make it to the Grand Canyon of PA as our first stop was Warren PA and the Allegheny national forest was supposed to be our first day and then on to the Grand Canyon of PA but the roads through the Allegheny were just too nice to leave (especially route 666!) so we stayed around there. We are going back the last week of August 14' but this time were going to hit the Grand Canyon of PA first, maybe we could hook up for a ride and you could show us around? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
We never did make it to the Grand Canyon of PA as our first stop was Warren PA and the Allegheny national forest was supposed to be our first day and then on to the Grand Canyon of PA but the roads through the Allegheny were just too nice to leave (especially route 666!) so we stayed around there. We are going back the last week of August 14' but this time were going to hit the Grand Canyon of PA first, maybe we could hook up for a ride and you could show us around? Thanks

Well, I am moving to Florida next month but I plan to visit my family up here in PA quite a bit. My father rides a 2006 VTX1800 he bought new that has less than 1,200 miles on it so I am sure I can take that out and meet you guys. I would love to show you around if I am myself around. :) Lots of nice roads around here and neat things to see.

·
Registered
273 Posts

Did you happen to stop at Cougar Bobs bar?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah beautiful place to ride, consider yourself lucky to have those roads at your fingertips. We pretty much knew we wanted to start in the Warren area and when we were looking at the map planning noticed the RT666 so we figured we had to hit it and other than it being a little dirty and narrow we are glad we did ad it's a great stretch. We tore up as many roads as we could in the 3 days we were there. We had a blast, can't wait to return next summer!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cougar Bobs would be easy to miss as it is a old school that was turned into a bar. If you head back to PA send me a shout. I live just northeast of Pittsburg about 45 minutes. Me and a few buds run those roads a good bit.thumb up

1 - 20 of 91 Posts