Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're taking another trip to the Smokies in September to ride The Dragon (US 129) and The Snake (US 421). We'll be there 9/3 through 9/6. If anyone else on here is going to be there let me know and maybe we can hook up at The Dragon Resort and ride it together. It will be our third trip down there this year.

It just never gets old!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
you got that right!! never gets old. havnt ridin "the snake". there are so many great roads to ride in the smokies.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm actually going to be in the area around that time frame. Probably doing an Iron Butt on the 2nd or 3rd from Key West up to Maryville to visit the family for the week. Planned on riding the Dragon anyways. Would be nice to meet a fellow Vic rider. :) There's some beautiful riding in the Smokey Mountains that I am really looking forward too. I'd have to run it by the better half to do a ride along the Snake as it would be a long day out. Haven't ridden it before myself either.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's always been my dream to ride in the Smokies. When I was a kid, we used to take family vacations to Pigeon Forge and the nearby Smokey Mountains National Park. Seeing motorcycles carving through all the corners in the beauty of the mountains is what made me want a bike in the first place. I always dreamed that some day I would ride through those mountains.

That being said, I finally bought a bike that can make the trip. This was one of the deciding factors in buying my XR and outfitting it like I have. I am planning on riding down to the Dragon and Snake and through the Blue Ridge Parkway probably late in September or early October. I can't wait. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts