Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it back to Ft Worth all in one piece after 900+ miles. This was my 1st multi-day overnight MC trip so I had a lot to learn. The ride down was good going down US 281 to Johnson City and West on 190 to Fredericksburg and South on 16 to Kerrville. All the roads were in good condition and it would appear all the auto drivers are used to the motorcycles as they gave us a wide berth in most cases. On the trip down were were faced with a pretty nasty storm but fortunately our planned route took us right around it to the west. Once we arrived at the hotel in Kerrville we got checked in and began planning our ride for the next day (Friday). The other guys had been before so let me plan the day using the new Butler map of the Hill Country. At 8 am we all saddled up and headed south on Hwy 16 from Kerrville to Medina along the Guadalupe River, and I found pretty quickly it is one of the most beautiful drives anywhere. This is part of Texas covered in high fence game ranches. We saw White Tailed Deer, Mule Deer, Bison, Red Stag, Mule Deer, Gemsbok, Impala, Blackbuck Antelope, Nilgai, Axis Deer, a whole host of other exotics and of course cattle, sheep and goats. Once in Medina wee took Hwy 337 which is one of the 3 sisters (335,336,337). This is where the ride gets technical. Several hairpin turns uphill at a max of 15 mph, and think that is sport bikes.
From there we rode to Vanderpool and on to Leakey. While in Leakey we stopped at the Frio River Bike Stop. This is a cool place and a must stop! Not only was this a spot for every motorcycle imaginable but cars: Ford GT's, Ferraris, Lambos, and even a Mclaren...the 1.5 million dollar one!
I could continue for days but I am afraid my writing skills and the short attention spans would peter out. The three sisters in my opinion are a must ride. There are multiple rivers including the Medina, Frio, Nueces, Guadalupe and a few others and there are multiple places to stop for a dip, but be prepared, even if its 100° they are cold!..

The only issue I had was my Tour seat...for some reason after an hour or so even with breaks thrown in my butt didn't get sore...my sack did! I don't get it other than I guess my junk is on the upslope of the seat and tank. I guess I need a seat to move me back a bit...suggestions?

Reactions: PaiN

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did you check out the Lone Star Motorcycle while you were in that area? That is one fantastic walk through time. A must see when touring that area.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately they were closed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

From the back patio of Frio Canyon motorcycle stop.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Stonehenge II

Vanderpool, TX

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
3 Sisters is a great ride. The hill country is great. Happy you had a good run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts