Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say sorry if this is in the wrong section but I came across a guy yesterday that had a Triumph Thunderbird and I must say it is a nice looking bike I have been debating getting another bike and I was thinking victory but now I'm thinking either a victory or a Triumph, I really don't know about the reliability of a triumph motorcycle so any opinions or info would help.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
580 Posts
Slide on over to triumphrat.net great bunch of guys. They have a couple of Thunderbird forums.

Everything I have heard is that the reliability is there. Considering they have been making bikes longer than just about everyone else it does not surprise me.

Before I bought the Vic I was looking at a Speedmaster.

m

·
Registered
217 Posts
First let me say sorry if this is in the wrong section but I came across a guy yesterday that had a Triumph Thunderbird and I must say it is a nice looking bike I have been debating getting another bike and I was thinking victory but now I'm thinking either a victory or a Triumph, I really don't know about the reliability of a triumph motorcycle so any opinions or info would help.
they are rock solid bikes, ive owned one sold due to money issues and looking to get one back, 2010 thunderbird is what i had and had 0 issues, it was the first year for that model aswell. all i need is someone to buy my harley lol

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well at least their reliable and I do like the looks of them I might have to schedule a test ride sometime to see what the power and handling is like

·
Registered
217 Posts
The power braking and handling are exceptional I bought one the day I test rode it, fit and finish is right up there with HD one thing I feel my xc lacks and there aftermarket offerings were a bit lacking

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I been thinking of posting a Triumph thread but didn't know how that would take on here. I been eye balling a 2nd bike as well. I LOVE my KP and have no intention of getting rid of it. I also want insane power and thought about a big bore kit and all the goodies to go with it but for the price, I may need to look at a 2nd bike. The Triumph Rocket III is what I been looking at via the web. I had questions about reliability but sounds like they make good bikes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I can't leave anything stock so if I do decide to get one I am going to be looking at the aftermarket for parts for

it seems to be gettin better, British Customs seems to be steadily releasing more and more for it, still havent seen apes yet tho

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love my Vegas 8-ball and will probably never get rid of it but I would like to have a second bike, I am debating the same thing putting a big bore stroker kit on my victory or taking that money and putting it towards a bike so I have two instead of one, I haven't heard of a rocket I will have to check them out too

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i like triumph's too!

[/URL][/IMG]last year after an unscheduled test ride on a T-100 bonneville i purchased one but the base with 17" wheels and mostly black like my hammer, it is an easy ride with great handling and limited aftermarket like the vic's. since i got the hammer a few weeks ago it gets the most love, i feel superior!! on it. i had a 70 bonnie bought new great ride except the vibrations!!! as stated the triumphrat is the place for info, a guy named Forchetto has all the info + answers most harder issues, he's on a bonneville though, gives some great tutorials as well!!

·
Registered
774 Posts

These things will pull your arms off. Have to keep the revs up on victorys to prevent shudering? Rockets will pull clean from 30 mph to 140 in fifth gear.thumb up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
nice bikes

old or new pics of real owners bikes are great, my 70 bonnie was 650 but similar in many ways, had a set of stainless 68 fenders i swapped a guy for my painted ones. i finally learned to post pics and always enjoy others, it is great when trying to explain something, one pic = many words

·
Registered
774 Posts
I love my Vegas 8-ball and will probably never get rid of it but I would like to have a second bike, I am debating the same thing putting a big bore stroker kit on my victory or taking that money and putting it towards a bike so I have two instead of one, I haven't heard of a rocket I will have to check them out too

Got mine in 2004. Rocket lll 3. Don't burry your head in the sand like the hardly guys.thumb upthumb up
http://www.r3owners.net/index.php?thumb up

1 - 20 of 116 Posts