·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Looks like fun too me

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
no mags?

Spokes look great, but I would prefer tubeless tyres. Much easier to plug a tubeless tire than replace a tube on the side of the road.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice

I really like the looks actually. If I ride one I will want one. Better wait and ride one after they have been out a while.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
That's one fine looking bike. Nice lines, and I was and still am fond of fork gaiters. Here's what I posted as a comment on the Revzilla review last week:

Pros:

- Forward controls (for those geezers like me, who have hips and knees that preclude riding for hours with knees bent back -- my last three bikes, for the prior 11 years now, have been a Burgman 650, a Victory Cross Country Tour, and an earlier Burgman 650, all allowing a nice stretched out riding position). I know, you can absorb potholes and corner better with your feet under you, but sometimes old age makes its own rules.

- Cruise control (for those of us who occasionally do superslab days).

- Less weight than a lot of cruisers (I can't even find this spec on Triumph's web page, http://www.triumphmotorcycl... , but it's certainly not, say, 800 lbs.)

Meh:

- Three inches of rear suspension (could be, say, four).

Cons:

- Chain final drive (not specified in the otherwise well-written review, nor on Triumph's page, but it certainly looks like it). I'm a fan of belts, myself.

Show-Stopper:

- Tube tires. I would MUCH rather have tubeless tires, out on a ride, possibly far from mo'sickle dealers. Again, Triumph doesn't seem to specify this, but that appears to be the case -- and I think they would mention it, if those spokes were the not-so-common kind that allowed tubeless tires to be used. It also appears to be the case that Triumph does not offer cast wheels with tubeless tires as an option, but I could be wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts