Yes , I have . Half a dozen times or more so far ......:mad:

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Never had it.....yet.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nothing at home- but it's partially blocked at work. Looks like Im not the only one having issues.

Wonder if it's one of the 50 million frickin ads plastered all over this site running some rogue script or whatever.. I have adblock installed so I see absolutely none of those damn things.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing at home- but it's partially blocked at work. Looks like Im not the only one having issues.

Wonder if it's one of the 50 million frickin ads plastered all over this site running some rogue script or whatever.. I have adblock installed so I see absolutely none of those damn things.
It is in the ads

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got to be specific to what AD is showing at any given time coz I just came back here and created this post and not once did I get a warning from my A/V program.

·
Administrator
553 Posts
Whenever I come to this site lately (today), my A/V program is popping up with the following message.... Anyone else getting anything similar?

4/13/2015 4:06:36 PM file: http://ads.verticalscope.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=113&cb=26706043909&charset=ISO-8859-1&loc=http://www.victoryforums.com/search.php?searchid=6396546&mmm_fo=1//search detected: Trojan program 'HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic' (modification)
Hello,

What browser and anti virus program are you using?

~Kay

·
Registered
263 Posts
My Samsung Galaxy won't follow links from my email to this site lately. And visiting this site from my laptop futzes up firefox completely.

Definitely a problem.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,

What browser and anti virus program are you using?

~Kay
I'm using Maxthon Cloud browser and we have Kasperski A/V ... this is a corporate version which is centrally managed.

No messages popping up today so far though.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
My suggestion is this:

Use Firefox with Adblock Plus. It nixes the popups, and you won't have any troubles with the problems you've been having. thumb up

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My suggestion is this:

Use Firefox with Adblock Plus. It nixes the popups, and you won't have any troubles with the problems you've been having. thumb up
Using a different browser is NOT a solution. Furthermore, Firefox has been tested in our corporate environment and failed so we don't use it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Using a different browser is NOT a solution. Furthermore, Firefox has been tested in our corporate environment and failed so we don't use it.
adblock plus is not a firefox only thing. I use it on Chrome and it works great. I don't see any adds on this site.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I agree. IE has worked well for me for many years. Using a different browser is only effective if your IE has been corrupted. The other browsers are just as vulnerable.

·
Administrator
553 Posts
Hey all,

We blocked the rogue ad source that was throwing up the warnings Apr-15 7:41 PM EST

If you you seeing warnings beyond this, clear your cache.

If you still see warning, let us know with any info you may have.

Thanks

- AS

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what does clearing your cache do
Thanks
Depending on your browser settings, websites and pages you visit are "cached" on your computer. The next time you visit that site/page, the browser compares what's changed between the website and the page cached. If no changes, it displays the cached page coz it can do that faster than downloading it from the web.

Therefore, you're simply re-displaying the same thing you had before, including any malware/virus/etc. unless your A/V had blocked it or cured it, etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts