Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Victory V92tc deluxe and it currently has its original tires. I've been looking around for a new set of tires but all I can seem to find is the factory tubed dunlops considering that they seem the only tire available for my factory spoked wheels.

I would actually love to simply get some mag wheels off a v92c or v92sc but I can't seem to find any information on whether they will fit my double disc front end. I tried using the search function to see try to find some more information on this and came up empty. If anyone can shed any light on this subject or has any recommendations on tires that would fit besides the factory dunlops I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

2002 Victory V92tc deluxe
Cape Cod MA

·
Registered
361 Posts
Any mag wheels from a 1999 to 2003 V92C will work on a TC-this was one of the first things I did on my 03TCD, I'm not a big fan of spokes on a touring bike. Also, there's no issue mounting a tubeless tire & adding a tube.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tires or mag wheels on V92TC deluxe

Hi gentlemen,
Thank you for the prompt reply to my request for thoughts about replacing the spoked wheels on my 2002 V92TC deluxe with mag wheels and/or finding replacement tube type tires for the stock spoked wheels.
I was wondering if the fact that my front wheel has double discs would complicate that switch...?
And the stock tires are: Front - Dunlop 491 ELite
MT 90 B16 71 H
Rear- Dunlop 417
160/80 B1675H
Thank you again for your input and thoughts!
Markarcher 2002 V92TC Deluxe
Mashpee, MA

·
Registered
361 Posts
The dual disc will bolt up to any 99 thru 03 V92C front rim. The single disc wheels have a spacer cap that comes of and then the dual disc bolt on. I went through a few tires on my TC in the 72,000 miles I put on & the best handling were the Avon Venoms and the longest wearing were the Elite 3 bias plys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tires and wheels for V92 TC Deluxe

Hi Bytein2it-
thanks so much for the information about the switch to mag wheels from the spoke wheels on my 2002 V92TC Deluxe. I do appreciate the valuable input and now know what will work when I choose to go to mag type wheels and tubeless tires.thumb up You saved me much aggravation and possible cash by helping me choose an option that will work. Also I appreciate your thoughts on the tire choice and what works so well for you. Many, many thanks!! Safe riding and God Bless.
Markarcher
2002 V92TC Deluxe
Massachusetts

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hi ByteN2it-
Once again, thanks for the thoughts about mag wheels to replace the spokers on my bike. I have been looking around and the choice of tires for tube-type tires that fit the O.E.M. spoked wheels are mighty sparse but if you go to the mags then there is a much greater selection of tubeless to choose from. The E bay source looks like the way to go and thank you for posting those examples. Hey, even the price is good, and I notice that bearings and seal kits are less than $20,too. Thanks for the input and time you took to dig up the sites on E Bay and for your valued experience. I do appreciate it very much.
Safe riding!
Markarcher
2002 V92TC Deluxe
Mashpee, MA thumb up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hi VisionJohnny-
thank you for steering me to the Chaparral site for tires at discount prices. I did browse their site and was impressed at the selection and prices:)I do appreciate the time and effort of all who have helped me find what parts and products I need to keep rolling safely.
Safe riding,
Markarcher
2002 V92 TC Deluxe:
Mashpee, MA:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts