Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason, Ma Vic didn't feel the need to make a big portion of the new accessories for my Antifreeze Green XC.

They did however make the saddlebag speaker lids available as a raw unfinished option.
BUT my dealer is telling me they are backordered. They have been a straight shooting bunch so far BUT is this what others are finding?
Just wondering if it is the normal thing around??

I want them for end of March and they will need to be sent out for paint before the mounting process so I'm getting concerned.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vision J, That is exactly who I have been talking with. He is going to paint them for me once I get them and send them out to him.
Since I am matching my Antifreeze Green I figured it would be better to buy the unpainted lids.
The option of buying painted would add another $200 to the project. I'll wait for a while yet but that sure is an option.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally, Dealer called and told me the lids arrived yesterday.

Still time if shipping and the painter are reasonable on time, I may have these installed by the end of March as I wanted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My dealer checked, and found some for me, at http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/
They shipped them to me at a reasonable cost
hey did the grills come with them and what was the price. I just ordered a set from HotVics and they charged me $750 for the lids with the grills and speakers. They told me that I just couldn't get the lids with the grills, had to get the speakers also.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You guys are all crazy... For $400 ish USD plus shipping Vtwin audio will put colour matched grills in your factory lids. That includes the wiring kit and mounting hardware I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
The Vtwin audio option is a good deal but it will definitely take up more room in your bags. They use a baffle system that mounts to the inside if the lid and the speaker hangs down lower into the bottom portion of your bag.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$460 ish for lids and speakers.
I got 20% off and add tax.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Smoke, which lids and speakers and from where?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read too many stories of bad or misfitting after market.
So i went with Vic stuff. If I need to I'll get some better speakers later.
I'm running the RF 300 amp.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It is a pain in the but, that you have to buy the grills,With the speakers,but I am fine with the sound, and the FACTORY stuff looks WAY better than anything else out there. I know...I'm crazy,right?

·
Registered
597 Posts
hey did the grills come with them and what was the price. I just ordered a set from HotVics and they charged me $750 for the lids with the grills and speakers. They told me that I just couldn't get the lids with the grills, had to get the speakers also.
I bought a bunch of other stuff, at the same time, and I get a little bit of a price break from my dealer, but I am thinking I got lids ,grills, and speakers, for about $600.
I am totally happy with the fit,look, and sound, (now, the NEW Magnum CCTM X-136948, might change my thinking) ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read up on the marine kickers that Vic use and I think we will be satisfied.
Good Deal. When I have to I will replace but hoping to be happy for a while now. Well a little while anyway...

It is a pain in the but, that you have to buy the grills,With the speakers,but I am fine with the sound, and the FACTORY stuff looks WAY better than anything else out there. I know...I'm crazy,right?
I preferred the look of these too. There are other nice lids but between Looks, Fit and everything else like overall cost to consider I like these the best.
Midwest Custom Creations is fixing me up with an Antifreeze Green paint job now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts