Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I cannot snap the rear connector onto the injector. I easily installed the front and can disconnect and reconnect rear stock connector to injector but cannot get the vfc connector to snap on. The vfc connector does work properly because it snaps onto the other piece of the vfc that the stock connector is supposed to snap onto. Thoughts?

I noticed the plastic casing is cut differently on vfc than stock. I'll post pictures later. I sent email to Lloydz and will follow up with them tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
I don't have personal experience, but I recall a posting where the fellow used a forceps to hold the bike's connector while pushing the controller's into it. Borrow one from your doctor.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
So, I cannot snap the rear connector onto the injector. I easily installed the front and can disconnect and reconnect rear stock connector to injector but cannot get the vfc connector to snap on. The vfc connector does work properly because it snaps onto the other piece of the vfc that the stock connector is supposed to snap onto. Thoughts?

I noticed the plastic casing is cut differently on vfc than stock. I'll post pictures later. I sent email to Lloydz and will follow up with them tomorrow. :(
The injector bodies can rotate. Maybe it is a little out of position and won't allow the connector to seat? Try rotating it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Well, now I am NOT looking forward to adding the VFC III. This seems like an exercise in frustration, due to a product that wouldn't even pass the first minimal test -- it can't be plugged in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I called Lloydz this morning. They informed me they connect the two using a small (5") pair of channel locks to hold the two connections together while snapping down the red piece. They also authorized me to trim with the Dremel if necessary.

I went into the garage, trimmed for 40 seconds and spent another 10 seconds plugging it in. Then...had to go to work. :( I'll finish install tonight and finally get to hear the pipes.

If I'd known the trick to trim this connector from the onset, it would've only taken me <5 minutes to hook up the VFC--once the tank and everything was already off. Much easier than everyone else made it out to be...

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Why wasn't it just made correctly in the first place? If it were made correctly, then it wouldn't be necessary to modify it in order to force it to fit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Update: I called Lloydz this morning. They informed me they connect the two using a small (5") pair of channel locks to hold the two connections together while snapping down the red piece. They also authorized me to trim with the Dremel if necessary.

I went into the garage, trimmed for 40 seconds and spent another 10 seconds plugging it in. Then...had to go to work. :( I'll finish install tonight and finally get to hear the pipes.

If I'd known the trick to trim this connector from the onset, it would've only taken me <5 minutes to hook up the VFC--once the tank and everything was already off. Much easier than everyone else made it out to be...
I guess what puzzles me is why? Why are the connectors not correct? I'm dozens of others, beside me, have installed the VFC and it was properly spec'd with compatible connectors. Did Lloyd's have a response to this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess what puzzles me is why? Why are the connectors not correct? I'm dozens of others, beside me, have installed the VFC and it was properly spec'd with compatible connectors. Did Lloyd's have a response to this?

They said it's normal and they use channel locks to squeeze the connector on. Are you saying of the dozens you've installed they all had a trimmed outer connector to mirror stock?

·
Registered
98 Posts
They said it's normal and they use channel locks to squeeze the connector on. Are you saying of the dozens you've installed they all had a trimmed outer connector to mirror stock?
What I mean is the VFC III is a plug-n-play device. Nowhere in any instructions that I have seen did it require modifying the connectors.

On mine all the connectors attached without any changes and I've not heard of anyone having to do so.

It doesn't matter I guess as you made of work.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Mine plugged right in also, took me maybe 1hr start to finish.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Mine plugged right in also, took me maybe 1hr start to finish.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I see you've installed your VFCIII...tell me about it. Is there a significant improvement over what the timing wheel did for you? You can email me if you like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts