Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and I'll add my details to my sig tonight but for now I have a 2003 vegas and I'm trying to replace the clutch cable.

Trying to get the air box out so I have some room to run it through but can't figure out how to get the box out and can't get the end of the old one through the the hole on the frame tube to finish getting it out.

Anyone got tips? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Try watching this.....

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
That was not what I wanted to post. Try this one...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah neither seem to help me. i already have the new cable.
the keeper holding the cable to the frame down by where you adjust the cable (2:00 in on first video) is blocked by a massive ass wire harness and it seems like ill be spending the rest of the night trying to get it out of the way to loosen the bolt.

then i cant seem to get the cable thru the frame tube just under the handle bars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill see if i am able to post pics yet to give you a better look at what i'm struggling with. any idea how many posts i need before i can upload pics?

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
You are well past that point where you post photos. Know how?

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
I load my photos into the 'puter. Hey, I'm an old fart - I don't have a smartphone. Click Quote. Then do CTRL & A - this deletes & clears the space. Type in your text. Click the paperclip in the tool bar at the top of the space. Click Choose File. Select the photo and click it. Then UPLOAD. More pics? Repeat. Done? Click Close This Window. Pics don't appear until you post.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Have you got the tank off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
**** looks like my last post didn't go up.
I was able to get the end of the cable thru the tube and it pulled right thru the the the ring that was mounted to the frame.
I saw old posts of people who had the same problem but none of them tried just pulling it thru haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cleaned the throttle body since the tank was already off and damn it made a difference!
I thought the bike was just a little cold blooded. Now it idles just as smooth cold as it does warm.

·
13,048 Posts
Remember the bigger the loop in the cable the easier the pull

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
I load my photos into the 'puter. Hey, I'm an old fart - I don't have a smartphone. Click Quote. Then do CTRL & A - this deletes & clears the space. Type in your text. Click the paperclip in the tool bar at the top of the space. Click Choose File. Select the photo and click it. Then UPLOAD. More pics? Repeat. Done? Click Close This Window. Pics don't appear until you post.
Hi @RICZ
this one is for you, enjoy my friend

https://youtu.be/TjaM0tdxtYA

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
CORRECTION...........
As of two days ago, I now have a smartypants phone. Climbing the learning curve, which is all the steeper not having anyone in the house who can mentor me. :(

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
CORRECTION...........
As of two days ago, I now have a smartypants phone. Climbing the learning curve, which is all the steeper not having anyone in the house who can mentor me. :(
So the first thing to do is, download TaPaTalK and get this forum connected, Haaaaaa RICZ this is soooo cool, I hope it is not a overpriced Apple, coz that is just impossible to get used to...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
I always go the opposite direction of trend and fads. Plus, I'm frugal as hell. Got me a Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge $145. Main reason to get it is my olde PDA's battery memory is getting shorter and I fear losing the contents which is many files and address books. It has a Palm OS and if I can not find a way to electronically transfer to the phone, I'll just have to do it manually. The silver lining will be all the unneeded info can be left out.
After seeing smart phones taking over people's lives, I want to control mine, not vice-versa. So all I'm gonna do is text with a select few and access email when away from my laptop. No Messenger, no news feeds, no streaming music or movies, no nothing that adds to distracting a busy life. I am enjoying features such as flashlight and barcode scanner and there are probably more aids I will add. Any suggestions?
So what does Tapatalk do? I do my email and forum stuff on my laptop - the phone will be used when away from it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts