Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys I have a problem with my 99 sc 1500 cc Victory . I got her out of storage for the winter took her to local bike shop had the oil changed and inspectiontook bike out for 2nd trip after picking her up now have bad metal kinda grinding noice in tranny . yook the bike bake to the shop they said yes it is the tranny but they do not want to take on such a job so my question is can one buy a used tranny or rebuild kit and if yes any idea on the price of these .I love my bike wish to hand it over to my son and maybe get a newer bike some day but due to getting divoced can,t afford large repair bill Oh and if anyonenoes who to contact to get either of these please give me the info to contact them thank you

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Big dog, What area do you live in?

·
13,177 Posts
What you hear is not a chirp from the rear belt?
If your sure its tranie call Rylan at the Vick shop and talk to him.
It will coast you over a grand to get fixed to get at the tranie they have to take the hole motor apart if it really bad.
http://thevicshop.com/Contact.html

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Big Dog, sorry to hear that you have trouble, keep us updated on progress or any kind of other news..... wac

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd dump the oil and check it for metal filings or take it to another shop and have them look it over. I think you would want to have someone tear it down and check out the damage before you start buying parts, but yea- its going to be kinda spendy for a rebuild plus parts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here it is in a nutshell:
99-00 transmission were junk. They generally fail in the 15-20K milage timeframe.
Victory does not make replacement parts for those years.
Victory used to make a fix kit ($3500 parts and labor) but it is no longer available.
What we do now is swap in a later model engine. Still looking at $4000 though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo7sVbyUanA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts