Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had to replace my battery every year. I think my charging system has been over charging them. I have traced the problem down to the starter and did not know what resistance reading I should get with cable removed and starter on bike. :confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quick question...do you leave a battery tender on it year around.? We did that and it wound up killing our batteries.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quick question...do you leave a battery tender on it year around.? We did that and it wound up killing our batteries.
i've used a battery tender forever and have never had any problems. does the one you use have an auto shut off when the battery is fully charged?

·
Registered
101 Posts
i've used a battery tender forever and have never had any problems. does the one you use have an auto shut off when the battery is fully charged?
Yup....from what I gathered, not cycling the battery a little wasn't good for it. Compare it kinda of like a cell phone battery, if you charge it before you need to, over time it just kind of wears out. That is how the stealership explained it. I found on my bike I really didn't ever need it in the summer. I just plugged it in periodically in the winter. It also stayed in a climate controlled garage though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts