Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Even that's changing as the fruits, nuts, and loons move to Boise which can affect how that state votes in the future.

I'm telling you guys; we need that MRI machine which locates the offending gray matter causing this aberration in leftists with lasers that will burn it out and mandatory participation.

Yeah, I know, never happen; but one can hope and dream....

Leftism is a cancer on society; pray for a cure.

The good news is people on the left are waking up all the time, seeing the error of the Marxist/leftist ideology, and moving into the right light.
Dems da breaks! ...:grin

Hmm Wonder what he was looking at instead of traffic. I taught my son to drive in a go cart. He did some racing on dirt in one and it took a bit for him to learn to "look ahead not in front". Or as I have coached people dont drive 3ft over the hood. You probably cant miss that anyways.

Yep and learn to read the traffic. Most people signal what they are going to do in one way or the other even going down a 8 lane freeway. Or they signal they are a bad driver which is a signal all by itself. Someone to watch closely until safely passed and ahead of them.
Seriously....look at the dents on a person's car. It'll tell you what kind of bullshit they're getting ready to pull.

Reactions: BBob and broggyr
Yep and learn to read the traffic. Most people signal what they are going to do in one way or the other even going down a 8 lane freeway. Or they signal they are a bad driver which is a signal all by itself. Someone to watch closely until safely passed and ahead of them.
My dad was a trucker for over thirty years and I have learned and seen some invaluable lessons. One of the most important things he ever said to me was "Driving your car isn't the trick; the trick is driving everyone else's car".

Your Vision carries a lot more weight on the rear than does my XR. Because of weight transferring to the front under hard braking, HH pads were too grabby and I'd get lockup. Not a good thing in a dicey situation when the brain is approaching overload. One less thing to have to concentrate on.
Well today on the way home riding my non ABS 08 I guess I was coming in hot when I needed to slow and take a sharp 45° turn to cut through to a main road I take. I don't know if I just hit a slick spot or I just applied to much brake but I locked up the rear. It slid and wobbled but I held true and slowly released the pressure as taught while applying more front, freed the wheel, and still made my turn. I immediately thought of you and this thread. It wasn't really a pucker moment as I had it under control and kept the rubber side down.

Yep. It was the first thing I noticed. Front brake, rear brake, no brake. It didn't matter. The rider was roughly less than or equal to 1 second behind the vehicle in front of them. Typically in "perfect" conditions you must be at least 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front of you. In less than "perfect" conditions even more time. Otherwise it's gonna get you every time. (Some of us old SOBs have learnt something along the way) ;-) LMYR

My 09 KingPin can lock the rear up very easy also. Once I found that out I practiced a bit with some quick stops.
Put in cheapo GG rated pads and you will have more control of the rear brake. Really. Honest *****. Cross my heart.

Reactions: cra-z1
My 09 KingPin can lock the rear up very easy also. Once I found that out I practiced a bit with some quick stops.
I changed the angel of my foot brake, that did it for me, almost never lock-up again.... yes I have Lindall up front and EBC on the rear, so less "grab" on the rear like @RICZ said....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Which EBC Andre? If HH, they are quite grabby.
Lyndall is MUTCH better then the HH,

I would like to use the stock pads, but after 3 days riding the whole rim is covered in brake dust...
Before I did EBC HH up front and stock on rear, worked great

But EBC front only 10 or 14 K kilometers out of the pads, so I decided to put lyndall on front, then change the angle of the foot brake and the EBC on the rear,

All problems were solved....

Now I have 2 disks, and a 160/60/ZR18 up front of my jackpot hi hi

I think I increased my stopping power "just a bit"

Andre using TaPaTaLk

I had HH's on the front of one bike...they bit like crazy but they seemed to make a lot more noise then anything else, took those off and put a set of Braking pads on the front and those bit harder and did not make a peep. I liked them so much I then bought sets for all my other machines and they all responded in a positive manner towards them.

I had HH's on the front of one bike...they bit like crazy but they seemed to make a lot more noise then anything else, .
Haaaaaa yes forgot about that, thanks for posting that....
At slow speed when brakes were hot or cold (parking) they were noisy, also when it's raining (parking) and brakes were hot or cold squiking also....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Oregon is EXTREMELY weird. For example, we are taxed for the rain that falls on our roofs. Another, and this actually happened; you are a professional photographer videoing a political demonstration when a group of guys, more than 6, circle you. They have signs that are stapled to heavy "sticks" like 2X2s and are hoisting them in preparation to possibly end you life and you expose your holstered and legal gun. Someone yells "gun" and you are arrested. You have 17 charges and are found guilty of every one. You spend 40 days in the Ironbar Hilton and pay a $40,000 fine. The 6+ thugs just walked away Scott free. Guess which party rules here.
Geez, and I thought Illinois sucked. Well it does suck, but I sure won't be going to Oregon.

As Cook County goes, so goes Oregon.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.