Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safe to assume someone on here has experience with this. And that it's a direct match just like all parts between the XR/XC. But curious if there's anything I should be aware of. Picking up a used one for occasional long trips, almost purely for extra storage (wife has a Chief and I take a passenger once in a great while).

Any input on how it affects things? Passenger getting on/off? Handling (I'm guessing it becomes more top heavy)? And so on. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I don't have one but have looked into it. It mounts up the same as it does on a XC or XCT. The bike will of course be a little more top heavy. I would still like to have a trunk one day but the luggage rack on the sissy bar will have to do for now.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have one for my XR, but usually only use it with wife joining me. She is agile enough to not have a problem mounting, but I have seen instances of larger women struggling.
I'm not a fan of the practice, but have seen it where the lady will mount up first...having more room to work with.
As for handling, since I only use it with a passenger and I ride differently anyway, no big deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rusty Jones will have a cool option by the end of the week for less than $1K. I'm not a spokesman, I just follow the guy on Instagram.

Jack Chester
Dallas Fire/Navy Senior Chief

·
12,983 Posts
ALStensby

go over to a dealer and get on a bike with a trunk. Then you'll know what it will be like getting on your bike with a trunk.
Yes the bike will be heavier to get off the kickstand but in time you'll get the hang of it. As far as going down the road you shouldn't feel any real difference

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
I can tell you from experience that I can pick my XC up off the ground without the trunk but cannot with the trunk. It makes it too top heavy for me. I like the trunk for long trips for not only the extra storage space but also for the speakers. If you decide to get a handlebar mounted sound system; you could make sure you could utilize the trunk speakers too. If you don't like listening to tunes when riding then this is a moot suggestion.

·
12,983 Posts
I can tell you from experience that I can pick my XC up off the ground without the trunk but cannot with the trunk. It makes it too top heavy for me. I like the trunk for long trips for not only the extra storage space but also for the speakers. If you decide to get a handlebar mounted sound system; you could make sure you could utilize the trunk speakers too. If you don't like listening to tunes when riding then this is a moot suggestion.
with trunk on try pushing on bike with left leg when you're pulling off kickstand

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
with trunk on try pushing on bike with left leg when you're pulling off kickstand
Not sure what you mean Johnny. I'm talking about lifting the bike off its side; not off the kickstand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts