Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information. Does the trunk rack work? Is it worth $400.00? Is there any other rack that will work? Any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought the rack at the same time that I purchased the bike.
Worth 400 bucks.....not really.
Does it work? Sure it does, the instructions say 5 lbs maximum weight capacity so nothing to heavy. Looks good on the bike also.
I did see some other custom trunk racks that were around the same price, or perhaps a little more expensive with all of the mounting hardware. I don't remember the vendors but I believe that they are friendly to this site. Perhaps someone here can chime in with their name.
If I had seen these aftermarket racks before my initial purchase I don't think I would have bought the Victory one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking for information. Does the trunk rack work? Is it worth $400.00? Is there any other rack that will work? Any information will be appreciated.
I just installed a CycleOps rack on mine over the holidays.You might check out their website,it's a nice unit.It's a must for me with a tent and sleeping bag on the long hauls.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't recall that it was $400.00, but I did remember the dealer telling me that it was rated to carry next to NO weight. Have a big North Face bag that holds a nice air matress, sleeping bag, camping chair and two man tent.
It sits on the passenger seat and doubles as a super back rest.
I never have a passenger so I'm good with that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have the OEM rack on my 09 and it suffices. Rode to Sturgis with tent, self inflating mattress, and sleeping bag on it. Also did a run Texas to Tennessee last year. My two complaints about it are the finish on the rack is total crap, and there is no vertical surface to tie down to.
My $0.02,

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just installed a CycleOps rack on mine over the holidays.You might check out their website,it's a nice unit.It's a must for me with a tent and sleeping bag on the long hauls.
CycleOps was the vendor I was trying to remember.
Thanks.
They have some really nice stuff.

·
Registered
247 Posts
LOL....thats great!!! Most popular recognizable spaceship on the most futuristic looking motorcycle. You will not see that on every street corner. Enjoy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts