Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am thinking about removing the trunk from my bike when not on long trips, commuting etc. Kind of changes the look and feel. I looked at videos on YouTube and its fairly simple remove & replace.

My question is does anyone have the OEM part number so I can order
the filler plate. Its for the 2013 Gold Mist color. I looked at quite a few
parts diagrams but can't seem to find it.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just found this on the other VR site.
Looks like this is the one. thumb up

VICTORY - KIT-PANEL,TRUNK CLOSEOUT,GDMST
Part Number 2876888-628
$169.00

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Be careful, the last three numbers are the color. I believe they were offered in 3 different colors, but not all of them.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Be careful, the last three numbers are the color. I believe they were offered in 3 different colors, but not all of them.
Unfortunately, that's right.

Here are the SKU#'s for each color available:
SKU: 2876888-266 - Black
SKU: 2876888-564 - Blue Ice
SKU: 2876888-554 - Midnight Cherry
SKU: 2876888-1245 - Super Steel Gray
SKU: 2876888-520 - Sunset Red
SKU: 2876888-576- Ocean Blue
SKU: 2876888-566 - Pearl White

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, that's right.

Here are the SKU#'s for each color available:
SKU: 2876888-266 - Black
SKU: 2876888-564 - Blue Ice
SKU: 2876888-554 - Midnight Cherry
SKU: 2876888-1245 - Super Steel Gray
SKU: 2876888-520 - Sunset Red
SKU: 2876888-576- Ocean Blue
SKU: 2876888-566 - Pearl White

Thanks Guys,

I will ask for availability on the -628 (Gold Mist) code
Says "closeout" item so who knows.
If not, guess that I get to mix n match.
Probably just go with the Black though some of these other
colors are pretty good contrast colors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought my plate in Solid Cherry colour. Haven't done the test yet!

·
13,003 Posts
fivepoints
your not going to find a filler panel for your color bike. The filler panels went away when they quit the street model visions.
Your going to have to find a painter to paint it
Sorry

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just checked with a dealer yesterday, I also have the Gold mist color. They do not show a filler plate for that color. He said he will call to check to make sure. I should here from him on Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked with a dealer yesterday, I also have the Gold mist color. They do not show a filler plate for that color. He said he will call to check to make sure. I should here from him on Tuesday.
Thanks Paul see what they come up with. I ordered mine from http://www.2wheelpros.com/ last week with the -628 code after checking via email with them. Of course no one probably had eyes on the actual part, so who knows. It's in transit should have it here by Thursday. My guess if its not GM then will be Black.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
103 Posts
fivepoints - VJ. The dealer was able to order the plate for me. Part # 2876888-628. They show this as a discontinued item, but still have on stock. Mine should be in by the weekend

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fivepoints - VJ. The dealer was able to order the plate for me. Part # 2876888-628. They show this as a discontinued item, but still have on stock. Mine should be in by the weekend
Thanks Paul, that's good news! I will post what I wind up receiving. At least if it's not the right color I can order using t
Part # 2876888-628.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All set guys,

Received the matching Gold Mist panel today from the folks at
http://www.2wheelpros.com/ yay!! thumb up

VICTORY - KIT-PANEL,TRUNK CLOSEOUT,GDMST
Part Number 2876888-628
$169.00

Now I just need to figure out if I want to install the fixed passenger backrest or go with a Corbin heated seat or OEM Ness seat with a removable passenger backrest. The venture continues.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update:

Now officially trunk-less.

I had a $200 credit at Vic dealer so I went with the Vision passenger
backrest P/N 2875759. I guess they just added them back into the accessories. It's expensive at $549 retail, but the quality is good.

You get the chrome passenger backrest with rubber seals/grommets already mounted, a template, and a spare pair of blank rubber seals in case you want to use backrest.

·
13,003 Posts
if you look on the bottom side of your panel you will see where they have to cut panel.
Sounds like you want to lower your bike and you can do that two ways. One way is a new link rod thats the cheapest. Or you go with a Ness shock and that will lower the bike to but its not cheap.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you look on the bottom side of your panel you will see where they have to cut panel.
Sounds like you want to lower your bike and you can do that two ways. One way is a new link rod thats the cheapest. Or you go with a Ness shock and that will lower the bike to but its not cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-0hjHUFotE
Thanks, That's a good how to video.The OEM install is same except I used the stick on template provided. Used my neighbors dremel tool for cutting & sanding. Agree the lowering links are good deal. The HMD one inch rear lowering link & the front and one inch kit look pretty good, though I am not sure if lowered front is good idea?
I am going to hold off on lowering and concentrate on performance options for now. Got my PC-V here today, like $272 at indysuperbikes.com. Its almost time to spring for the other goodies.

·
13,003 Posts
you can lower the front about 5/8's right now by loosing the pinch bolts on the triple tree and letting the forks slid up to the bars.
You will not believe how much better the front end is in the wind.
Before I would do a PCV I would put in Lloydz timing wheel

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you can lower the front about 5/8's right now by loosing the pinch bolts on the triple tree and letting the forks slid up to the bars.
You will not believe how much better the front end is in the wind.
Before I would do a PCV I would put in Lloydz timing wheel
Thanks VJ, sounds easy enough, so will try dropping front a tad.
The ATS is on my list. Most folks like this option & its not too pricey. Looking at exhausts, but not settled on anything yet. Will use the PC-V along with air filters and cams.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts