Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm tearing stuff up!...I thought I would upgrade the trunk speakers. I have read about the "Hack" on the XCT trunk, and recently watched a video, where the Doctor remover every screw from the inside, and then removed the lid! Some thing like 18 screws! I did it by removing only 3! My choice of cutting tool would be a Fine Multi-Master, BUT in it's absents I used my Harbor Fright not so fine model! Worked GREAT! the new grills are made from half of a Cosco cashew jug. I'll post another picture after I re-install the carpet, should blend in nicely!

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have read about the "Hack" on the XCT trunk, and recently watched a video, where the Doctor remover every screw from the inside, and then removed the lid! Some thing like 18 screws!
So share. I searched and found NO mention "hack" on the XCT trunk, and found no video on you tube, WD's site, nor here.

Little clarification please.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not sure why he removed all those bolts and the lid! MY cheap oscillating saw worked much better than his air recip. Took less than 30 sec. to make each cut. These speakers are much better than stock. IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts