Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi thanks for exhaust advice also my left trunk speaker has a bad cracking sound to it looking for good new speakers for it plan on getting an amp this winter to thanks Rick.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
there arent many that just bolt in, i have all 4 of my stock speakers if you want just a stocker for now. but i got the stock upgraded kickers from Travisp here and had them in my trunk(now destroyed) they bolted right in, but really snugly. most speakers have a deeper magnet so some trimming out of the plastic(interior) of the trunk is needed, or space the speaker forward slightly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could prolbly trim out some if I had to looking to upgrade a bit from stock. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ive heard of people having good luck with polks, they are 5.25" speakers. if you want a stock or two to get you by let me know, i have 4 of them that will be finding their way into the garbage when i can get back into thegarage

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dtmmil sent pm but i'll take all 4 if that's ok thanks rick

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
pm replied, sounds good!

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Kicker 5.25" speakers are a direct bolt-in replacement in the trunk.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
yes but they dont fit the greatest
Which specific speaker model did you buy? The Kicker 10PS52504 5.25" speakers I bought were a direct drop-in that fit exactly as the factory ones did. Zero issues. I'm pretty sure these are the exact speakers Vic sells as the upgraded audio system. And you are referring to the trunk here, not the dash, right?

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
the kickers i got were from a member here out if his dash, couldnt tell you the number, they are either in the field now or impound lot with the rest of the bike, but they were the factory upgrade dash speakers. the bolt holes were very close but they didnt want to fit into the surround that great. they fit yes, worked yes, fit right in not the greatest.

·
Registered
372 Posts
the kickers i got were from a member here out if his dash, couldnt tell you the number, they are either in the field now or impound lot with the rest of the bike, but they were the factory upgrade dash speakers. the bolt holes were very close but they didnt want to fit into the surround that great. they fit yes, worked yes, fit right in not the greatest.
Must have been a different speaker model then. Kicker 10PS52504 works perfectly. Full hole alignment. Surround fit into molded space fine. No futzing. This is the model that is frequently recommended on this forum, which is where I originally found it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ya all i know at this time is they are the factory upgrade kickers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts