Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to remove the trunk from my Vision Tour and am looking for the wall mounted bracket to store it. Any ideas where I can locate one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
13,003 Posts
Vic had them but they were breaking so Vic pulled them. I have seen where guys have made there own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got lucky and found one. A guy from CA emailed me and told me he had one hanging on his garage wall and had sold his Vision. Bought it from him and now its on my garage wall with the trunk hanging off it. Works perfect!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
What are the possibilities you could take some pictures of the mount? Both with and without the trunk on it? I've seen ones for the XCT trunks, and how to build my own, but the Vision one is proving a bit elusive to me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What are the possibilities you could take some pictures of the mount? Both with and without the trunk on it? I've seen ones for the XCT trunks, and how to build my own, but the Vision one is proving a bit elusive to me.
Yes, that would be great to see what it looks like and if possible a few measurements. I'm sure I can weld one up if I have a idea of what it looks like cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got a few pics of the trunk wall mount. Will post here in the next couple days. Sorry for the delay, just been a lil busy lately.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Great! Look forward to seeing them.

Thanks for doing that!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
That's awesome. I can't quite grasp how it's mounted. install a plate on the trunk then lift it up there? Does it stay put by itself or need additional bolts/pins? Trunk mount attach somehow to the wall part?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it's been up there about 6 months now and doesn't appear to be going anywhere :) Yes, I located the studs in the wall to mount it. The bottom plate attaches to the trunk, then you lift it up and hang it on the bracket mounted to the wall. It's really quite simple and made from very heavy plate steel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I only see one problem with it, the garage, from what I can see, is way too clean and seems to be overly organized in a neat fashion. I could never get anything done in there for fear of messing something up:D. On the plus side, it wouldn't take me twenty minutes to find the tool I need. One day I will get around to organizing, my problem is when its warm, I ride, when its cold, well, its cold, I don't want to be out in garage, when it rains, my wife usually finds something for me to do in the house or I'm working, or, or, or, I guess I just have too many excuses. I'm setting a goal to have garage cleaned before end of year.:rolleyes:

·
13,003 Posts
Funny it just hit 55 degrees for the first time since last December. So going to the store every ones garage is open and unbelievable how much crap they have in them and I'll bet haven't used to five years. I have a two stall garage with a truck a car and the vision in it. Its standard size garage to boot.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Trunk mounts

I've made some mounts for the trunk to hang on the wall. 3/16 steel, powder painted, all mounting hardware included. 125$ shipped to the lower 48. You can find them in the classifieds. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts