Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grabbed a couple of plain rear engine clousouts and powder coated one to match bike color and the other to match the engine's textured finish. The bike color one would look better with a matte finish.

Titanium. The PC is too glossy as is, especially for a flat piece when all the other suede titanium pieces present a curved surface to the lighting.

Textured black. I love the textured black one. Integrates much better than the typical 60% gloss most of these are sold with.

I think I might do a design with both powders to see if I can add some attitude to the clouseout. Maybe something like this edited pic.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
To my eye, there's too much color with the matched one. It takes away from the lines of the bike in that area and looks odd up against the rear jug.
I prefer the black as it just blanks out the area and cleans up the look.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My concern with those would be the decreased air flow around that rear cylinder and head when things get warm.

Not for me I'm afraid!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My concern with those would be the decreased air flow around that rear cylinder and head when things get warm.
That thought crossed my mind also . It does clean up the area nicely though ....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

Not for me I'm afraid!
Yup my thought when I first saw them installed. I am doing all I can to get air flow around hot parts. Especially here recently. Summer is defiantly here.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
NOT for me.

They would make the rear cylinder to to hot, for me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
But does it really make the bike too hot? I mean like above safe operating temp? I thought these motors were engineered to handle heat, in fact I remember reading that Vic actually had to reduce the size of the oil coolers in the beginning because the motors run so cool they were taking too long to attain operating temp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a "tip"...

Use your flash when taking those kind of pics ... the way they are now, difficult to see what they really look like due to the shadow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts