Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bar suddenly started getting wobbly so I bought new hard plastic bushing kit from brcustombars.com. I've been trying to install them for the last 2 hours with zero success. I need help from someone who knows about this procedure. How in the world do you get the OEM bushings out? The new bushings came with a steel sleeve that was supposed to be to hammer them out, but I've tried to beat on it and it doesn't budge.

I need help please, how do I replace these handlebar bushings?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Keep swinging just get a bigger freakin hammer. When I did mine on my 08 it had the drive out bushings. i reccomend padding on the trees B/C i hit mine...I swung 3 lb sledge solid and hard for a good 5 minutes before I noticed the first one moving. I would replace them with the set up from 09 and up--2 piece bushing with top and bottom spacer...keep swingin!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Would a deepwell socket and a long bolt with a washer work to press them out?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
let me ask you this...am I supposed to be driving out the metal sleeve around the outer edge? When looking at it from above the tree from the outside edge it appears to have a thin metal sleeve, then a sleeve of rubber and another thicker metal sleeve on the interior of the bushing. I'm assuming that all of this needs to come out? When looking at the new hard plastic bushing from brcustombars it doesn't appear to have quite as large of a diameter...

·
13,247 Posts
With out a photo I'm just guessing but try to pry the center bushing out first. That will take the strength out of the bushing.
I know this is not your bike but it might give you some insight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes Yes Yes. outer sleeve, rubber, innner sleeve. I drove a socket that fit just over the inner sleeve and on the rubber between the sleeves used a 3/4 driveve socket and 12in ext to keep off of the trees...swing for the fences.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brcustombars is a great company to deal with guys. They made me a new removal tool/sleeve for these bushings,shipped it to my house in 2 days and recommended that I use a small sledge hammer to hit them with and within 10 minutes of them arriving at my house I was installing the new hard plastic bushings.

Time to get this bike back together and get my new rubber on.

thanks for all of the advice guys, I appreciate it

·
Registered
24 Posts
How are the new bushings? I was thinking about getting some of these. Do you feel more vibrations or anything, or are the bars just more solid? Also, did you do this with the triple tree on the bike?

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
05 Vegas with Ness Fat-Pull Back Bars

Yes, please let us know what the turn out to the new bushings were because i have a 2005 Vegas with the Ness 2" Fat Pull Back bars but they move up and down very freely about a half inch. When i went to the Victory/Polaris Dealership i looked at another 05 Corey Ness Edition with the same bars and they did the same thing. When i told the parts guys that i need new bushings to correct this movement and hopefully the squirrley feeling that arises some times. But I was told that there is no way to correct this, even with new bushings, this year was built so that the bars move like this to reduce vibration.... This CANT be right. Any insight, ideas, Fixes!?!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts