Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having my X1 a week it's time to think about an exhaust upgrade...

Here is what I will be doing:

Lloydz
Timing Wheel
Air Filter

Power Commander
PCV
Auto Tune

So I would just like some input as to which of the following two exhausts ya'll think I should try:
1. Trask Two-into-One
2. Freedom Performance True Duals

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did all of that plus dynoed..already had atom bombs and air. Which as I found are great for power. Lucky guess on my part. I would recommend asking Lloyd's and get it from the guru himself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
13,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Save yourself a lot of money and headache and contact Dave at Raging Cajun about his Medium Low & Throaty mufflers. He takes your oem mufflers, modifies them and sends them back to you. All for well under what you may have to pay for another 'system'. As has been posted, the Cross bike header pipes are very good and really don't need to be replaced to gain power or sound.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Where are you at in the High Desert? I live in the Victor Valley. I have a buddy who makes some of those exhausts for some of the Victory vendors. I'll be home from deployment in a few weeks. I can get you in contact with him and he can make you exactly what you want, custom 1 off and probably for the same price or even cheaper.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Just put a set of Freedom True Duals on a buddy's bike.....I'm now a fan of them thumb up

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I built a pair of the Jones glasspack mufflers. I used like 21" or 22" long blanks. Broggy used 18" long ones. I like them, but I'm not going for high performance and lots of racket to set off car alarms. They have a nice sound and I have had them on a couple hour or so days and so far I think they are keepers. Being I did the work myself, I got like $85 bucks in them.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Loved my Freedom True Duals on my 2012 XC Eliminate the Cat and Great Sound Both .. Was 850.00 for them when did it in Early 2013 .. Got 70,000 Great Miles out of them and Still Looked and Sounded Great ..

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Victory has extremely good header pipes. So I think you should look for mufflers. Now how loud do you want it.

Maximum is the best tuner on the market. Way better then PCV Maximum can tell you codes and more.
Auto tune you have to download info after every ride. Its only good for 6 rides and after that can't tell you and more

https://buywitchdoctors.com/p/598084/victory-motorcycle-parts-products-featured-maximus-tuner-sc-36/
I wanted a full system to get the most out of the set up. A lot of folks seem to be impressed with the factory header so it looks like I may be reevaluating that part of my thinking. I won't argue that there may be better fuel mapping products out there. I want to go in that direction mostly because I have used Power Commanders since 2002 and I am familiar with them and the software. I do disagree with the comments on the Auto Tune; I have a PCV and AT on my 2011 Vision 8-Ball and it was spot on. You don't need more than a few rides to configure a rock solid map. And no need to tune on a dyno. For shits and giggles I did have my Vision dynode at a run and was told other than changing hardware there was nothing that the tuners could improve upon to get a better AFR. I will look into the Maximus more tho, and some slip on's too. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where are you at in the High Desert? I live in the Victor Valley. I have a buddy who makes some of those exhausts for some of the Victory vendors. I'll be home from deployment in a few weeks. I can get you in contact with him and he can make you exactly what you want, custom 1 off and probably for the same price or even cheaper.
I am in Ridgecrest, 90 miles north of you. Thanks, for the offer I just may take you up on it. Who are you deployed with? Let me know when you return.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am in Ridgecrest, 90 miles north of you. Thanks, for the offer I just may take you up on it. Who are you deployed with? Let me know when you return.

I went through there on a trip to Death Valley. Nice riding in that area. I'm a contractor, I'm deployed with Army. If you want my buddies contact or anybody wants it just send me a PM. He owns a fabrication shop in AZ. Does great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm a fan of my Freedom true duals. Bike runs cooler now. However, you can pull tons of power out of these bikes without a problem pretty much no matter what you put on. They all get about the same numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Vance & Hines High Output Slip-ons

·
Registered
426 Posts
Save yourself a lot of money and headache and contact Dave at Raging Cajun about his Medium Low & Throaty mufflers. He takes your oem mufflers, modifies them and sends them back to you. All for well under what you may have to pay for another 'system'. As has been posted, the Cross bike header pipes are very good and really don't need to be replaced to gain power or sound.
I heard he just came out with some new ones that are the bomb. Couple guys just tried them out and said its the best thing ever, and one guy already had the original Cajuns. Cheap too, couldn't believe the cost.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Yes, Double Deep or something like that. I've emailed him asking about them buit haven't gotten a response yet.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I talked to Dave (Raging Cajun) earlier today about my Medium Low & Throaty versus the Double Deep. After our discussion, we agreed I'm better off staying with my Medium Low & Throaty. I like a high, flat and wide torque curve and that's what the Medium Low & Throaty are very good at. The Double Deep will make more noise throughout the rpm range though.

Dave is as honest as they come and described how every other manufacturer and modifier's product compares to his. He's bought and dissected just about any Cross bike muffler you can name. He has many options available so depending on your bike, riding style, current mods, potential mods, sound and performance preferences, he will have a couple of options for you. It's a labor of love for him because there's no way he's making much money for the amount of work, research, time and effort he puts into this for what he charges.

Dave Sanders (Raging Cajun Mufflers) can be reached at: three one eight - six three five - three five two five.

Don't be in a hurry, have your questions written down and check them off one by one as he goes through the details.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts