Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys I ride with is retired military and the proud owner of a 2002 Victory, Cruiser, I think. Well the nearest dealer is miles away and not entirely competent if past experience is to be believed. So I'm trying to help him out but I'm not familiar with Vics so I need some help.

When he turns the key on the warning lights come on dimly or flicker. If he waits a few seconds they brighten up but if he hits the start button the lights go out and it does nothing.

I checked the battery with a volt meter and it reads 14V no load; when he tries to start the voltage remains 14V so there is no demand on the battery.

Before I start tracing wires, anyone have any ideas where to look? Anyone have a wire diagram for this model or would it be posted anywhere on this forum? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dim lighting or flickering sounds to me like a loose or corroded negative ground wire.. I would check first the chassis ground for the negative coming off the battery.

But I'm new to Vics myself - I'll look around for a wiring diagram though, hopefully that will point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
I'd undo, and clean thoroughly all battery connections at both ends of the cables ,then tighten them all securely and grease them to help prevent corrosion.
Then see if she starts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts