Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone gotten one lately or have a review on cal side car or
motortryke or others. may come to this next year. not likeing
what ive read on can ams . not too service friendly either.
too much bodywork. not even looking at harley trykes

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
My Champion kit will be shipping in a couple weeks. i'll keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I tried one of those CanAm Spyders and they are an upper-body workout. It's like an ATV or snowmobile where you have to hold yourself up with your arms. Also, it has some sort of electronic assist steering and could not get the SOB to maintain a straight line on a straight road.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I had a Hannigan side car on my 1995 ultra. It was truly an upper body workout. i did not have the rakes trees and just a damper as I would remove it from time to time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had our XCT converted to a Roadsmith conversion last year. Conversion was done in Charlotte NC by UNB Customs, good people to work with.
Had serious issues with the air ride system and they could not get it to function properly so we went with a schrader valve in the trunk to do a manual adjust on the air shocks.
Leg position for passenger is not very good, we overlooked this when making our decision as to what conversion to buy. The Motortrike has a cutout for the passengers legs but the Roadsmith is uncomfortable, had to have custom footrests made for the passenger, also the reverse lever gets in the way of the passenger left leg. Would have gone with Motortrike but did not like styling (personal preference).
Have put 15,000 miles on it since and it performs ok but passenger leg comfort should be looked at when making your decsion.
If I had to make the decision NOW I would look at the new Champion conversion.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
I tried one of those CanAm Spyders and they are an upper-body workout. It's like an ATV or snowmobile where you have to hold yourself up with your arms. Also, it has some sort of electronic assist steering and could not get the SOB to maintain a straight line on a straight road.
you should try riding one of the new designs where its sitting more like our bikes.. i felt like i was wrestling it around to do what i wanted it to do.. and all of that safety crap, gimme the key to turn it off.. if i wanted a nanny when i was riding i would just bring my wife along with me... lol

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
141 Posts
Randy's Cycle in Marengo has a couple of trikes on the showroom floor. I believe they are Lehman modified Cross Country's. Pop on over there and take a looksy.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My dad had this one done to his Vegas. An IMC rear,rides super smooth

Attachments

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
That's one sweet trike!!

If they ever made a trike that could lean in the turns I would get one. That would be awesome!!!
It is a nice one. It would be even nicer if it was raked out in front. It would make the steering a lot lighter but the trade off would be a larger turning radius.

My dad had this one done to his Vegas. An IMC rear,rides super smooth
Nice! Are the back tires as fat as they look in the pic or is that a trick of shadows?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have been to randys last week and looked at the champiion
[lehman] didnt ride it. got pricing, my riding was done for the
year yesterday. getting 2nd knee done tues. bike is cleaned up
and ready to store. randys does cal sidecar,motortryke, and
lehman-champ. motortryke rode real harsh. will try lehman
next spring and see. would like a decent ride for both of us.
thanks for the spyder reviews.looked but havent ridden. takes
forever to just change oil !

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had our XCT converted to a CSC and love it . Independent rear suspension and is longer and wider than the others. It has to be installed by a factory certified tech. They have great support for any issues should they occur. We rode thirty-five days from Fla. into New England and into Canada twice then back home. No problems at all.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I like the CSC trikes but having a dealer install it made it cost prohibitive for me. My champion is shipping on the 11th and I'm one state over so it shouldn't take to long to get here. I'll be doing the install myself with a rake kit and a 23 on the front. Just need to find a painter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts