Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....just ordered some RPW baffles for my vic stage 1 swept pipes from Lloydz. I just have the victory tune in the bike now. Will I be ok installing these baffles with the current tune?

I am planning on a custom tune at some point but that point is probably in the fall when I order up a set of cams.

Thanks cheers

·
Registered
427 Posts
What intake do you have? I would unplug the o2's and read your plugs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still running the victory stage 1 high flow filter at the moment. Will be changing to most likely the Lloydz air box or torque tubes when I get the cams.

Do you just unplug the o2 sensor or take it out all together and screw a bolt in the exhaust?

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can do either one. I would leave them in until you see how it runs with them unplugged.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
dobeck or power commander

i like the dobeck AFR+ i recently installed, you set the ratios + you are done, later modifications do not effect it. on the other hand for max performance after all upgrades are done a power commander + dyno tune by a good tuner is best but more $$$$. the beauty of the AFR+ is seeing what your ratios are in real time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yes

Anytime you change anything exhaust or intake the bike needs retuned.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have done exactly what you are doing in my Highball. I have swepts and stage 1. I have put in the RPW baffles and trust me you will love it! Sounds tough. I did unplug my 02's though. It only "needs" a retune/fuel management system if you change the air filter to a proper one like S&S or TT's as well as pipes. That is straight from Lloydz as I was worried to. He said the Stage 1 is just enough to do the job and those baffles wouldn't hurt but don't go any further.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done exactly what you are doing in my Highball. I have swepts and stage 1. I have put in the RPW baffles and trust me you will love it! Sounds tough. I did unplug my 02's though. It only "needs" a retune/fuel management system if you change the air filter to a proper one like S&S or TT's as well as pipes. That is straight from Lloydz as I was worried to. He said the Stage 1 is just enough to do the job and those baffles wouldn't hurt but don't go any further.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Been in Maine the last few days for work...hope to get the baffles out and in this weekend!

Thanks all for the responses cheers

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
dobeck AFR+ for sure

with the reasonable price a dobeck AFR+ is a no-brainer, even cheaper with a military discount. unlike a dyno tune further upgrades will not effect your setup. with the help from redvic on the settings my 13 hammer is runnin great!!!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
just changing baffles you will be good to go, since you plan to do cams the pcv is the tuner you will want, you will need the rev extend with cams , dobeck cant do that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts