Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a set of the Shot Gun pipes installed on my 2012 Vegas 8 Ball, with the high performance filter, and the Loydz fuel controller. WOW! What a difference in sound AND performance!! But! The person that installed the parts is new to working on Victorys. I am still getting some back firing. When I ordered the Loydz fuel controller, I also ordered the LM2 Digital Air/Fuel ratio Meter to help in the tuning. The mechanic called Loydz during the tuning process for help. Is this normal? Shouldn't the back-firing be history? I would appreciate any feedback.

2012 Vegas 8 Ball: Memphis shades windshield, ghost brackets & bags, Victory ShotGun pipes, loydz fuel contoller

·
Registered
83 Posts
The tune will eliminate most of the backfire, but the victory's use an iac valve for idle control which allows air into the throttle body. The air acts as a leak which in return can cause a backfire here and there. Lloydz sells a valve that can help with this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You JackPot RI

Appreciate your feedback. I will check into this immediately. I really have learned a lot from members of this forum. Since many of the dealers are just as big a rookie as I am to Victory bikes, The Forum is a lifesaver.

Kingpin1951
2012 Vegas 8 Ball
ShotGun pipes
Loydz Fuel Conroller
Memphis Shades Windshield
Ghost Brackets& saddleBags
Performance air filter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts