1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
That's really cool. Not even asking my wife if its something we should have. Maybe in another life.

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
Hmm... 250 mph. Other than a closed course like an airfield and the Bonneville Salt Flats; there really isn't anywhere to put this to good use.

Being so affordable at $185k does make it tempting though. Probably best to let the collectors like Jay Leno get first crack at 'em.

I do wonder how many they have sold. A lot of engineering went into building this bike as a production machine so I wonder if it was worth it to them financially or if they just did to see if they could.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... 250 mph. Other than a closed course like an airfield and the Bonneville Salt Flats; there really isn't anywhere to put this to good use.

Being so affordable at $185k does make it tempting though. Probably best to let the collectors like Jay Leno get first crack at 'em.

I do wonder how many they have sold. A lot of engineering went into building this bike as a production machine so I wonder if it was worth it to them financially or if they just did to see if they could.
I'll bet it was worth it to them as a company for advertising purposes.
They claim to be the go to turbine guys. Surely a lot more people have heard of them since Jay Leno started advertising the quality of their workmanship. I would think so anyway. Who would have thought you could build a production motorcycle with a turbine and have it so well designed that it would almost be a practical source of transportation?
Might give other ideas about where they could use a really light really powerful, long lasting motor for some industrial purpose or other.

I really don't want the turbine bike.
The wife is right and the Vic is plenty fast enough stock to get me in more trouble than I need.

Here is what I really want from them.
A bass boat with a built in squirt gun for when you are really bored and the fish just aren't biting:
http://www.marineturbine.com/airboats.asp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts