Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm going to get blasted by someone to use the search button. I have several different times and ways but nothing comes up.

So I'm looking to start building my 2005 hammer. I'm looking to start with a turbo kit then move onto Lloyd's stroker and big bore kit.

So my question is. What kits are available for the hammer besides turbo kit.com's kit. And more important which kits should I stay away from? Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, kirpy

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,002 Posts
Call Rylan at the vic shop he has done a turbo and am sure he can give you some good pointers

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
The advantage of the turbo is that it comes with the airbox, pipes, and fuel control so all you need is the turbo kit and you're done. Add some turbo friendly cams and you're into big power.

If you do a big bore you'll have to lower the compression considerably to run a turbo. Lloydz standard packages are far too high compression for 8 psi of boost.

The Aerocharger system integrates well into the bike. The other kits look tacked on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's neat. But dosnt fit my bike. And to be honest I love the way the other kits have the turbo hanging off the side. And I was thinking if I did the big bore and stroker I'd have my machinest buddy shave the heads down a little off the stock ratio.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
sorry man, did you see what half crazy said about the turbo and compression?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I did. But I can have pistons shaved down to lower compression. That's not to big of a deal. But even if I don't stroke And bore I'm going to do a turbo kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts