Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Anyone know where (or if) I can get a Turbotec Pulley for my 08 Vegas 8 Ball?
Not sure about turbotech...but you can get an overdrive from Scott at Conquest Customs.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I have a TurboTec Pulley on my '07 8-Ball and I really like it. It just doesn't look like there's an offering for the 08 models on the TurboTec Web site, unless the 07 version will work on an 08. Give 'em a call at (623) 374-9734. They were really nice when I called about the pulley for my bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks clbuffalo6, I just ordered it, great price compared to others. Anyone know how long it would take a shop to install this?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
It doesn't take long to install the pulley in most cases. My bike was, unfortunately, delayed.

The hold up with my bike was that the new pulley, having a larger diameter than the stock pulley, was rubbing against the inside of the pulley cover so the shop had to grind down the interior of the pulley cover. What added to the time involved was that the exhaust pipes had to be removed in order to remove the cover and, of course, the pipes had to be reattached to test whether or not enough material had been removed from the interior of the pulley cover.

But, as mentioned, it usually doesn't take long at all to install the new pulley.

Miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts