Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday my right turn signal indicator on the dash was not working. I checked my signals themselves and they are functioning fine. I called Randys and the parts guy tells me that this indicator is part of the cluster and not an individual bulb that can be changed. Anyone have any ideas? My signals are not stock but that shouldn't make a difference.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. Haven't even pulled it apart yet. I was hoping it would just be a bulb. Not sure about access to it though.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If the bulb is soldered to a circuit board, you might be able to find a replacement bulb, unsolder the existing bulb, and solder in a new bulb.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so this problem is intermittent. It's doing it on both signal indicator lights on the dash. Lights seem to work fine until the bike warms up then they stop working. Signals themselves still continue to function. I'm going to try installing a load equalizer and see if that helps.

·
13,188 Posts
A load equalizer is for slowing down LED's it will not do anything for your dash lights not working.
You could pull the wires to the dash make sure there is no corrosion add some dielectric grease and plug them back in.
Could be as simple as you plug to gauge is not all the way in

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Johnny. I'll see Monday. Gonna pull the fairing for some upgrades. I'll check it out then.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Before you go pulling things apart - try spraying a little WD40 into your indicator switch and then work the switch left and right and push in etc for 20 seconds or so. It worked for me.

Russ

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paceman, I'm assuming you mean the control switch on the handlebars? Guessing you had a similar problem. So could be totally unrelated to my turn signal mods.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Dan,

Yes, I was on a long ride when I noticed that my indicators were playing up. The lights in the dash were only working intermittently, especially during lane changes etc.

I don't know if the actual indicators were working or not, but next stop I bought a small can of WD40 and sprayed some into the switch on the left handlebar switch block using the little red plastic tube.

Worked the switch as described and voila! - she worked like a new one. I think I probably had some water in there from washing the bike. That was 4-5 weeks ago and no problems since.

Worth a try I reckon.

Russ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts