Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed the new style chrome bullet headlight from Victory this morning on my 2005 Vegas and followed the directions to the T. Everything is working fine except the turn signal light indicator on the dash panel. The turn signals work just fine (non LED) as well as the auto cancel feature and everything else. All the other indicator lights are working as they should as well.

I checked the fuses and all the fuses are fine too. I unplugged everything in the light and followed the directions again to see if i did something wrong and i get the same results.

I traced the wire from the indicator panel to the connection in the headlight and all seem fine and secure.

Is it just coincidence that my indicator light burnt out when i changed to the bullet headlight? Anybody have this problem before?

Im not too concerned as the turn signals work fine, its just nice to have that indicator light to let me know that i left my turn signal on, or that i need to turn it on to change lanes so i don't become road kill.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The flasher module may not be able to drive your new signals... Try disconnecting the signals and see if the dash light works again... If so, there's more work to be done on your install to ensure the flasher sees the same load with your new signals as it did with the old.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flasher module may not be able to drive your new signals... Try disconnecting the signals and see if the dash light works again... If so, there's more work to be done on your install to ensure the flasher sees the same load with your new signals as it did with the old.
I didnt change the turn signals, just changed the headlight from the bucket style to the newer bullet style. Turn signals are basically stock except for the rear which are bullets but non led and they have been on the bike for a few months.

·
Registered
149 Posts
mine does the same thing. i have installed the led wrap around fender turn signals and wrap around fork led turn signals. the indicator light would blink green when i had used the turn signals but when i installed a 2011 high ball head light on my 06 8 ball vegas it started doing the same thing. i removed the top lid on the head light and ensured the connections were tight, then the indictor plate as i plasti dipped the cover to hide chrome. the connection was tight. so i am at a loss. it works when it wants too:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts